No announcement yet.

A Wayne's eye view

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is fascinating to see these pics, thanks for sharing them everyone. No allotments like those round here anywhere!

I promise to find pics of my garden and post those since I can't get any online maps to work.
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 16-12-2007, 03:39 PM.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Some of them are lovely crisp pictures, some of them (like mine) look very dull and old. Are they part of the Millenium Map or something? Or just bought from those aerial photo type bods? Can't be satellite, or they'd be more up-to-date surely..?

Comment

methuen avenue, melksham - Google Maps

Love this idea but its just taken me about 30 mins to sort this link out (full of cold and knackered from two night shifts from hell!!) so I hope it works, not very clever on these puter whatjimmie thingies!!

The photo looks years old my plot is up on the bit thats looks like scrub, wish you could see it now, love my little plot, maybe one day when i work out how to put photos on the puter I can share!

Off now to put some vaseline on my sore red nose, rudolf eat your heart out!
        Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
          methuen avenue, melksham - Google Maps

Love this idea but its just taken me about 30 mins to sort this link out (full of cold and knackered from two night shifts from hell!!) so I hope it works, not very clever on these puter whatjimmie thingies!!

The photo looks years old my plot is up on the bit thats looks like scrub, wish you could see it now, love my little plot, maybe one day when i work out how to put photos on the puter I can share!

Off now to put some vaseline on my sore red nose, rudolf eat your heart out!
          You could always ask for a balloon ride over the allotments for a Christmas box!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

If you use the maps on msn, they are about a hundred times clearer and more up to date to boot.

here's mine

Click on 'birds eye view' on the bar at the top of the map, then on the pin (I think!)
            Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 16-12-2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              If you use the maps on msn, they are about a hundred times clearer and more up to date to boot.
              mine is still overgrown! but you are right it is more clearer i think i can make out the bamboo clump in the middle of my plot
              Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
              Bob Dylan

Comment

Holy bat dropping! That's pretty darned good - thanks Hazel. The map of our area is only about a year out of date. I know this because if you look at our house, you can see that the garden is mid redevelopment - and that was done between March and August of last year!

Anyhoo, here's The HayWayne as it looked last year (before I got my hands on it) Live Local Search
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Had a search of all the map services, found a rubbish satellite image of our house but too fuzzy to bother linking it. It is from years and years ago - our neighbours had a black roof put on their house 12 years ago and it is silver on the images!!!
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Ok then, this is mine - More of a veg patch in the garden near the house than a plot.
                    Beaugut
                    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Here is mine, This must be 2 years old. Since then it has all been fenced in and some surrounding areas redeveloped. It is a real inner city site have a zoom out. Less then 2 miles from the city centre.

Google Maps
                      Oneflewovers Blog

Comment

The MSN one won't do a "Bird's Eye View" on mine - just a "hybrid" and the pics are the same ones as Google I think.
                        We're just too 'rural' to bother with I think Shirl!

Comment

well here goes

Google Maps
                          hope that worked.

I'm less than two miles from the city centre too but its not as big a city as pauls, I live on the street to the right of the plot.
                          Its a really old picture but it still has all the junk.
                          Last edited by yoanbob; 17-12-2007, 11:56 AM. Reason: didnt work
                          Yo an' Bob
                          Walk lightly on the earth
                          take only what you need
                          give all you can
                          and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X