Xmas tree

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas tree

Being nosey as usual.....Is yours a rooted tree, cut tree or synthetic tree ???

I have a small rooted and a larger cut tree.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

I have purchased a cut Nordmann tree - 6 foot high. I have paid lots for rooted trees over the years and all but one died. The one that is living is not very big but seems quite happy in the garden (except we dropped something on it and snapped the top off) - so there it stays. It had lots of cones on this year and I am going to plant some of the seeds in the hope that I can grow some trees for the future though I understand they grow very slowly.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Also a cut Nordmann, seven ft - sorry! We have quite high ceilings. I prefer a realy tree because it smells so nice.

Wouldn't mind having a potted one but the cost involved for one the size I would like......
      The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Our 6 foot tree will just leave space for a star on top!! We have a terraced cottage (if there is such a thing) and it has quite low ceilings.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

No tree not enough room
          .My lounge is quite small (12'sq)
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

We've got a plastic one, and a blue LED one. I would never have a real one again, I loathe picking needles out of the carpets. BTW, Macro were selling large real trees for a fiver today.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Artificial tree for me, but I probably won't put it up this year. Daughter and the kids are going to the outlaws for Xmas and there's only me here. I'm working Xmas Day so no-one to notice whether I've decorated or not. Sorry, that sounds awful - as if I'm feeling sorry for myself. I'm really not - I'm looking forward to peace and quiet for a couple of days.

Comment

We have wooden floors so dropped needles are not a problem. We get the tree shredded after Christmas and hope to use the shreddings along with others to make a path up the garden.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

We got a plastic one but this year he is staying in his box as we are moving house the day after toomorrow plus we will be away during XMas...

Momol
                  I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

1* 7' fake in lounge , 2* 6' in kids rooms , 1 * 3' in another kids room and a real one in a pot that someone bought last xmas for us
                    ---) CARL (----
                    ILFRACOMBE
                    NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

5ft optic fibre one.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

4 ft pot grown Nordman - and fingers crossed! It's still outside the back door. I'll decorate it next weekend.
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Last year for the first time ever we had an artificial tree, so that's gone up again this year. I really wanted a cut one, but since we already have the plastic one can't justify the cost .... shame, but there it is! I have scented candles to give the place the smell that I can't now get from my tree and which I love!!
                          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

The fake stayed in the attic this year (we bring it out on years when we are travelling down to our "ancestral piles" and last year when the toddler was just one). This year we have a cut tree (don't know the differences between the varieties, but it is not very long needled) which is about 6-7 ft and almost lost in the sunroom. It's big enough to take all of my non-breakable decorations though (for safety's sake!!).

We put it up yesterday and I love it!!

Moggsue, I have a mix of armoattherapy oils which I stick in the burner which is a wonderful "real" Christmas smell. I think it's called Noel, and it's from Absolute Aromas (or a name very similar to that) of aromatherpy oils suppliers - I got it in our local chemist and think it is much more real than the candles (but that might jsut be me). I thought it might interest you though, and it has lasted me 4 years so far and only half the bottle gone.

Comment

No tree for us, going to tie ribbons on the damson tree
                              Yo an' Bob
                              Walk lightly on the earth
                              take only what you need
                              give all you can
                              and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X