X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 times does not make 10 blue tits?

...how would I know, do I tag them?

Big Garden Bird Watch 26/27 January
    It's important you don't count all the birds you see because some birds will return to your garden many times in the hour. Seeing the same blue tit come back 10 times does not make 10 blue tits.

I'll be taking part in the Big Garden Bird Watch
    aka
    Suzie

Oh, me and all! It's GREAT fun.... I'm building a cosy little relationship with a Robin in my garden at the moment. She comes whenever I call her for something to eat now. We've got a fishing tackle shop nearby, so that's my next treat for her (worms- not a fishing rod).
    Really looking foward to the Bird Watch too!

Comment

we're being visited by two male Robins in the garden just now - they don't fight though, I always thought two males would fight ... do you think they are gay?

I'll ask them if they'd like to go fishing Wellie
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Mmm.... Chase Me! Gay definitely without a doubt...
        There's two in our garden as well, and this little one isn't female, but I prefer calling her a she, and she doesn't mind.
        LOADS of Blackbirds at the moment: 2 male, 2 female and 2 very very fat juveniles!
        The Siskins are back after a two year disappearing act, and my absolute favouite Long-tailed Tits - how gorgeous are THEY?
        They are all eating me out of house and home...........

Comment

I am totally blown away by the private fly-pasts that the Red Kites do for me - they come right past my first-floor office window .....awesum
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Coool... I've been putting out peanuts, niger seed and seed mix since November and I'm so glad we have blackbirds back in the garden now. The dunnocks come right down almost to my feet and take bits of seed that the chickens miss. The bleedin' cat killed our song thrush last year though, I was gutted... song thrushes are probably my fav garden bird. So last year I left a lot of soft fruit and the thrushes piled back in. Got no raspberries or gooseberries at all but it was worth it. Cat goes for rabbits by preference now, easier to catch (and she doesn't get yelled at!).

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
              ...how would I know, do I tag them?

Big Garden Bird Watch 26/27 January
              It's important you don't count all the birds you see because some birds will return to your garden many times in the hour. Seeing the same blue tit come back 10 times does not make 10 blue tits.

I'll be taking part in the Big Garden Bird Watch
              BTW you count the maximum number that you can see at any one time - that way you can be sure you're not double counting.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots
                we're being visited by two male Robins in the garden just now - they don't fight though, I always thought two males would fight ...
                How can you tell its two males?
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Red breasts????

( Oh no- we're not on this subject again are we????)
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

*looks at breasts

Both Sexes
                    Brown upperparts and red breast

hum....
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Both male and female robins have red breasts, young ones just fledged that year have brown speckled breasts but are the same robiny shape. You probably have a pair rather than two males PiB, 2 males would more than likely be knocking seven bells out of each other, they are very territorial. Unless they are migrants passing through, in which case they would be pretty tired and just wanting to feed up. But that lasts a couple of days, then back to the fighting...

Comment

Yes Nicos - Cherry Red!

Comment

Do they taste like Chicken?????

Comment

I'm not sure. I'll ask my cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Red breasts????

( Oh no- we're not on this subject again are we????)
                              Where's Zebedee?? I suspect he'll be along to join in shortly ....!?!
                              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X