Slow Site

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Site

Anybody else having a problem with this site running very slowly I have had a time out 504 message come up a couple of times while waiting for a page to load.
    Last edited by PAULW; 18-12-2007, 06:46 PM.

Been slow off and on today Paul but no timeouts here - sure your internet connection isn't at fault?
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 18-12-2007, 06:53 PM.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

The only time mine seems to slow up is on the Sunday night chat! That's why I've stopped frequenting the chat as I always seem to finish up commenting on a topic mentioned 20 mins ago! Could have something to do with my 'one finger' typing spose!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Sunday chat has gone so slow lately Snadger that you could get the dog to type and still keep up!
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

I used to get "timed" out quite often usually on Sunday night chat & the only way I could get back on line was to reboot the puter.
          This has not happened for a week or two though!
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
            Sunday chat has gone so slow lately Snadger that you could get the dog to type and still keep up!
            The dog likes to drink out of the bath tap! I'm trying to learn her to turn the tap off after use..........but it's a slow process!
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My dog can only reach puddles - did you see his picture in the 'form an orderly queue' thread?
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

SHIRL All the other sites I visit load quite quickly its just GYO that I am having a problem with, it is probably because it is such a brilll popular site that slows things up.

Comment

Yep! Cute doggie Shirl!
                  My 'puter has been dead slow today, and still is. I've read the new message, replied to it, been to Al Fresco and back, fed the cat, taken a phonecall from Hazel at the Hill, and then it tells me there's a message for me......

Comment

May Bubblewrap ask a stupid question?
                    How many grapes have broadband & are any of you are still using dial up?
                    For those of you on broadband what speed do you have?
                    My broadband speed 10meg.
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

I haven't had any problems PaulW. Business as usual here.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                        My dog can only reach puddles - did you see his picture in the 'form an orderly queue' thread?
                        Is that some sort of Christmas tradition round your way Shirl......cutting the legs off the dog???????????

Diversify & prosper

Comment

As I understand Broadband, the 'X' meg is a bit notional which is why all those ads say 'up to..' in front of it!

Also affecting your BB speed is the contention ration (ie, how many other buggers your 'in bed with' down the line). My business tariff is (from memory) 20 to 1, but all those must be school kids as things do slow down a bit after about 4pm. Not hugely noticable, however, and a bigger factor in load speed seems to be (from experience) your PC capability in terms of memory.

I'm sure that a Techie will be along soon with a proper explaination, tho' .....

Comment

Oh, I dunno Haze! I thought you did rather well there actually honey....
                            Personally, I haven't got a clue what you just said, but it sounded pretty intelligent to me?

Comment

Its been ok here as well. It might just be localised swelling in the broadband pipes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X