No announcement yet.

Marmite

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank goodness we are a dual marmite-loving household, but my poor pal .... I so feel for him cos wifey (my longest ever pal) HATES marmite (strange bird) and won't even pick it up off the shop shelf and buy it from him - should be a law against it!!
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Good for adding a meaty taste to soya mince when cooking veggy/vegan too.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Flummery
        An attack on Jacob's cream crackers? - my favourites and they were always the first thing we were allowed to eat as children after we had been ill, then it was soup after that...
        But adore yeast extract (keep a spare jar in case I run out) but not very fond of twiglets.
        But life was never the same after they replaced the metal lids on Marmite with plastic....
        so I buy the Crazy Jack organic version now.
        Sue

Comment

Marmite is one of the most requested items for Brits and they sell it on the Brit shelves in the supermarkets.

Me, I can take it or leave it, OH loves it but reading this - after an evening out for drinkies in the village - I think I may have to go put the toaster on!
          TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Originally posted by Sue
            so I buy the Crazy Jack organic version now.
            Sue
            Crazy Jacks do an organic 'marmite'? Where'd you buy it?
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

did any Marmite lovers try the Guiness speical version - made for St Pat's day?
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Suzie I've not tried that Guinness one, bit of a stick-in-the mud really. Was please when our local store started selling Marmite with real lids instead of the squeezy kind.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Small Blue Planet
                  I get it from our little independent health food shop, Neither Tesco or Sainsburys stock it, don't know about Waitrose or the others, don't have them in town.
                  If you're desp, pm me and I'll send you a jar.
                  best wishes
                  Sue

Comment

Thanks for the offer Sue. For the minute I'll stick with Toastmate (its not organic, but it is lower salt than marmite and tastes nicer, imho!). I'll try down our local health food shoppe, they always say they'll get stuff in on request. Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas.
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Hi
                      The offer's there sbp and very best wishes from me too, and have a happy and successful growing year.
                      best wishes
                      Sue

Comment

Well for all you lovers/haters of marmite, there is a programme on BBC2 tonight at 11.20 p.m. "The Edwardian Larder". It covers the mass production of marmite, Typhoo tea, Cadbury's Dairy Milk and Perrier water.

Hopefully, if OH has done his sums right, should have it taped.

valmarg

Comment

love it and hate it - I go through phases when I have to eat it and then phases when I don't want to

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                            did any Marmite lovers try the Guiness speical version - made for St Pat's day?
                            I had 5 jars of it (Lady Wayne bought it for me from 'arrods as she works close by). It was alright - I couldn't really tell any difference.

Originally posted by eskymo View Post
                            love it and hate it - I go through phases when I have to eat it and then phases when I don't want to
                            When's the baby due?
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I couldn't tell the difference either - but if they do it this year I'll do a blind tasting - in the name of research you understand
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

When's the baby due?
                                I wish!!! We are trying at the moment...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X