No announcement yet.

Marmite

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marmite and cheese toastie - mmmmmmmm! Can't beat it!

Comment

ain't that the truth and welcome to the Vine Duggie
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

You'll all be pleased to know (well the marmite lovers anyway!) that Selfridges have an exclusive special edition Marmite in at the mo. I think it's being marketed for Valentine's Day, it's called 'I Love You' & has a little champagne in it! No idea what it tastes like as I didn't fancy spending £3.99 on it in case it was awful!
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Love Marmite, Hate Peanut Butter - most people I've spoken to like one of the other, but not both - is that just a weird coincidence among people I know?

P.S. Marmite is a vital ingredient in French Onion Soup, Bolognaise, Chilli etc - much better than a beef stock cube for giving it some "oomph".
          Jenny

Life is a spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Spreadsheet View Post
            is that just a weird coincidence among people I know?
            I guess it must be cos me and Snowdrop both love both
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
              You'll all be pleased to know (well the marmite lovers anyway!) that Selfridges have an exclusive special edition Marmite in at the mo. I think it's being marketed for Valentine's Day, it's called 'I Love You' & has a little champagne in it! No idea what it tastes like as I didn't fancy spending £3.99 on it in case it was awful!
              I reckon LadyWayne would pick me up a tub - any excuse to pop into Selfridges...

Love Marmite, Hate Peanut Butter - most people I've spoken to like one of the other, but not both - is that just a weird coincidence among people I know?

P.S. Marmite is a vital ingredient in French Onion Soup, Bolognaise, Chilli etc - much better than a beef stock cube for giving it some "oomph".
              I've had peanut butter and Marmite on toast before now. I'd started spreading Marmite on the toast and wasn't concentrating on what I was doing (talking to someone at the time) and before I knew it I'd picked up the other jar (peanut butter - on account that I didn't have enough Marmite for all 4 slices of toast) and started spreading... Was quite nice as it goes.

I've also recently tried Everdreams idea of Marmite in a bacon sarnie (only mine had sausage and egg too), and it was fantastic, better than braan sauce even!
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

OH loves it - she uses it to prevent amorous advances by myself as I find the smell, let alone the taste absolutely revolting.
                Rat

British by birth
                Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

I absolutely adore the stuff
                  "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                    OH loves it - she uses it to prevent amorous advances by myself as I find the smell, let alone the taste absolutely revolting.
                    That clearly didn't work 8 months ago....

Comment

Must've got vegemite by mistake then!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I like both but can't stand the smell of peanut butter on O.H.'s breath when he's eaten it! Thanks for the tip about adding Marmite to French onion soup, I'll do that I'm planning on making some this week or next!
                        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

yes indeed - thanks for the tip about marmite in certain foods, I never thought of adding it to bol sauce, will try that
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X