What is everyone cooking today?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is everyone cooking today?

Just wondered what everyone was cooking today? Are you bothering with a Sunday roast before the excesses of Tuesday?

I am doing beef in beer (John Smith's extra smooth Bubblewrap) with baked spuds and frozen peas. Decided to have a simple but yummy Sunday dinner.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

We usually have a sunday roast with all the trimmings but I'm just about to put fish and chips on instead. We don't have it often but I think I like it better than a roast really!
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
      Just wondered what everyone was cooking today? Are you bothering with a Sunday roast before the excesses of Tuesday?

I am doing beef in beer (John Smith's extra smooth Bubblewrap) with baked spuds and frozen peas. Decided to have a simple but yummy Sunday dinner.
      Boiled ham, potatoes, carrots, green beans & parsley sauce. Washed down with XXXB.
      Pea & ham soup tomorrow!
      Last edited by bubblewrap; 23-12-2007, 03:34 PM.
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

Rump steak grilled and home grown roast Potatoes and home grown Brussel Sprouts i have not pefected how to grow gravy yet so we buy the granules jacob
        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Just got in from work, and I'm on my own so got frozen fish and chips out of the freezer. Just put in the oven. Can't be bothered to do anything more adventurous.

Comment

That pumpkin soup was pants. Recipe just said water and pumpkin - it was predicatably bland, so I've just thrown an onion and 3 cloves of garlic at it.
            Another half hour to wait now. Might fill the time with a (medicinal) ginger wine...
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Roast lamb leg steaks here, and I've just made boeuf borgignone to take down to Dad's for tomorrow night, as we're there over Christmas.
              This is the first Christmas we've had home grown veg so I shall be impressing Dad with huge parsnips, not so huge leeks, potatoes and approximately five sprouts each
              http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

Chinese takeaway!!!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  That pumpkin soup was pants. Recipe just said water and pumpkin - it was predicatably bland, so I've just thrown an onion and 3 cloves of garlic at it.
                  Another half hour to wait now. Might fill the time with a (medicinal) ginger wine...
                  Have you tried pumpkin and sweetcorn soup? Well, butternut squash and sweetcorn soup really but pumpkin works fine. Always have some in the freezer and it is delish (even if I do say do myself)
                  Last edited by scarey55; 23-12-2007, 05:25 PM. Reason: can't spell haev, heav,have!
                  A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Morrocan-style vegetables on cous-cous.
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                      Morrocan-style vegetables on cous-cous.
                      Had that yesterday and very good it was too - dead easy if you're like me and cheat - comes in a packet with a tin of veg and spices Mmmmmm
                      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

A tin, shame on you scarey55! I bet its easy to buy harissa and stuff in France (last time we visited Lille, too many moons ago, they had some tasty tubes in le hypermarche Carrefour)? Wish we had a couscousierre.
                        Last edited by smallblueplanet; 23-12-2007, 05:39 PM.
                        To see a world in a grain of sand
                        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Food

We just had Minced Meat Pasty, with chips and gravy. And I had an enormous Corn On the Cob I Grew and froze earlier in the year.

We are off to the Pub soon to say Merry Christmas to our pals.
                          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

No roast here. Pork and beans cooked in tomato sauce with creamy mash and green beans.
                            Attached Files

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

OK but what are grapes drinking with their meal?
                              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                              Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X