What is everyone cooking today?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
    A tin, shame on you scarey55! I bet its easy to buy harissa and stuff in France (last time we visited Lille, too many moons ago, they had some tasty tubes in le hypermarche Carrefour)? Wish we had a couscousierre.
    Oops
    Seriously though, do you have a recipe? 'cause we love it and I would rather not get it ot of a tin - which reminds me, is it too late to put a Tagine on my Christmas list?
    Anything I can get you from here just PM me and I'll see what I can do.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
      OK but what are grapes drinking with their meal?
      Bells with lemonade here. (Hoping my wine is ready for Christmas day)
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Ooh, how exciting - what sort of wine?
        Driah wite wine here btw

Comment

Oddly enough, it will be a dry white! Chardonnay style
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
            Oops
            Seriously though, do you have a recipe? 'cause we love it and I would rather not get it ot of a tin - which reminds me, is it too late to put a Tagine on my Christmas list?
            Anything I can get you from here just PM me and I'll see what I can do.
            Ta.

I'll hunt out the recipe and post it on the cooking thread. Seriously if you see a cheapish couscousierre....they make it easy to cook the veggies in the 'stockpot' bit and the couscous steams on top taking up all the flavours. Yum. Have tried using our stainless steel steamer but the holes are too big and the couscous would drop through!
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Egg noodles with a jar of Black Bean Sauce for me today. But i'm gonna wash it down with some San Miguel beer. Yum
              "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Mmm. I'll have a look - if I find one, do you want one? I'm off to Carrefour next week I think.

Comment

Couldn't face turkey or coating the oven in goose fat this year so decided to have rib of beef for xmas. Went to lottie for leeks brussels and parsnips. Wanted to find some horseradish in the hedge but I suppose it has died down now...don't know what to look for really! I would love to grow it tho.

So light meal tonight.. its smoked salmon and cream cheese muffins....really popular round here when those 1/2 price packs are on sale. Then its baked spuds in front of the fire and telly....To drink? a bottle of Rioja. Enloy and happy holidays to you all

Comment

Is this what you are talking about?

MOROCCAN COUSCOUS MAKER cookware pot on eBay, also Cookers, Steamers, Small Kitchen Appliances, Kitchen, Home Garden (end time 26-Dec-07 05:50:00 GMT) here you go folks.#
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

Oooh, thanks Shirl - I know what to look for now

Comment

Oh no! I'm a complete kitchen gadget junkie and now I MUST have a couscousierre!!!
                        I was feeling part of the scenery
                        I walked right out of the machinery
                        My heart going boom boom boom
                        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
                          Mmm. I'll have a look - if I find one, do you want one? I'm off to Carrefour next week I think.
                          Very kind of you to offer but I think it'll have to wait for a time when we're more 'solvent' . Just looked at shirls ebay link - I have to admit I've never seen a couscousier before ( again) only read about them. I wonder what size the holes in the top bit are?

thanks shirl, lol! seahorse!
                          Last edited by smallblueplanet; 23-12-2007, 07:00 PM.
                          To see a world in a grain of sand
                          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                            Very kind of you to offer but I think it'll have to wait for a time when we're more 'solvent' . Just looked at shirls ebay link - I have to admit I've never seen a couscousier before ( again) only read about them. I wonder what size the holes in the top bit are?

thanks shirl, lol! seahorse!
                            Dunno. I'll have a look and let you know.

Comment

Have had a couple of chicken baps. Bought some chicken thighs and browned them and bubbled them up with veggies. Fished the chicken out, stripped the meat off then put the bones and skin to bubble up a bit longer. Strained and VOILA - stock ready for Christmas day.

Never got the knack of making gravy from the turkey at the same time - so this is ready to go!

Comment

Ooooh VOILA, thought you were doing Spanish

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X