Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who else has nothing better to do on Xmas Day?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who else has nothing better to do on Xmas Day?

Hi everyone. Merry Christmas. Just got in from work and my little house is so blessedly quiet!! Just thought I'd log in to see who else is about. Hope you've all had a lovely day. Me, I'm looking forward to a bit of peace and quiet and a glass or two!!

Enjoy your glass or two RL. I am enjoying a five minute sit down while the dinner is cooking - been busy for hours so nice to sit here and see who is about from time to time.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

I'm here - just finished opening pressies and downing the champagne. Surprisingly (well it made me jump!) the champagne opened itself....I'd taken the metal fastner off and put the cold bottle on the side, nipped to the loo, then as I came back to it, it went bang! the cork hit the ceiling and I raced for the glasses!!!! Well that sort of helped as I never quite manage to open the bottle's without a struggle....

....anyway watching Ivanhoe now, its easier to chat when you've a wireless network setup and a laptop on the coffee table between the sofa and the tele!
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
        I'm here - just finished opening pressies and downing the champagne. Surprisingly (well it made me jump!) the champagne opened itself....I'd taken the metal fastner off and put the cold bottle on the side, nipped to the loo, then as I came back to it, it went bang! the cork hit the ceiling and I raced for the glasses!!!! Well that sort of helped as I never quite manage to open the bottle's without a struggle....

....anyway watching Ivanhoe now, its easier to chat when you've a wireless network setup and a laptop on the coffee table between the sofa and the tele!
        S'easy SBP. Tip I learnt when I was a barmaid. Don't twist the cork, twist the bottle. Sounds stupid but it really works (well it does as long as the cork hasn't dried into the neck of the bottle like the Cava we had a couple of Christmases ago - that one had to be drilled out!!!)

Comment

Thats the way I always try to do it rl, but this way was even easier!

I think I better stay way from drills and electickery after half a bottle of fizzyness.

Comment

Cheers,
            we have opened a bottle of 1994 Rioca ready to have with dinner -not very patriotic I know but hey ho.
            Hope you are all having a good time - We're being very quiet here. We've had all the phone/Skype calls from Family in UK. Just going to start dinner now (KK is having Wild Boar and I am having roast leg of lamb - exciting huh)
            'fraid not much out of the veg plot cept some sweede but .... next year 'twill be better?
            Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day.
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Hope you have a good xmas dinner scarey we're about to have the mushroom and shallot suet pudding with mashed potatoes, brussels, red cabbage and carrots. Plus microwaved stuffing crisped with the blow torch......oh oh!!!! Lol!

Comment

Mmmm, sounds good, watch out with the blowtorch though, you might singe something

Comment

Well it won't be the 'king of spains beard' we singe (isn't it odd how things pop into ones mind?!).

Is there any sign of snow with you guys? I miss cold crispy christmases....

We spent one christmas up at a friends place on the Northumbrian coast near Dunstanburgh Castle, it was cold and crispy and fabulous....I love the sound snow makes when its so cold it 'squeaks'!
                  Last edited by smallblueplanet; 25-12-2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Seasons Greetings to you all.

Today we are chilling out! We had our christmas feast last night... so its party foods and chocs today. (Also my daughters 14th Birthday - so this year decided to put Christmas on the back burner for a change).

She got us up at 6.55am.... aren't teenagers meant to sleep in?

Breakfast, dressed and then presents and all over before 10am lol.

Time to sit in front of the tv, play games and walk the dog... quite a nice quiet day - and an early night is definately on the cards.
                    Jan
                    x

Enjoy your day everyone.
                    Jan A novice gardener - first year of growing

Comment

We've just had a great meal here - the lamb was super and everything else came out of the garden, tunnel or store in the shed (son no. 2 pretty impressed!)

Just trawling through the radio times to see if there is anything on, but there doesn't seem much, so down to one of the DVDs we got as a pressie.

Have a lovely day everyone!
                      ~
                      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Sorry Manda that it has taken me so long to reply.

No snow here but a very cold and crisp day with lots of sunshine. I was going to attach a couple of pics, but they don't seem to be working atm. One of Christmas day last year when we had the most spectacular frost. And one of a couple of weeks later when we did have snow (about the same time as UK) I have never seen snow as deep but I understand from the locals that last year was a mild winter so....
                        Hope you have had a good day, back to the diner now. Sorry about the pics but I will keep trying.

Comment

Look forward to seeing your piccies scarey55, the weather sounds great. Tepid and rainy here

We had a good day here, very quiet, but just watched Dr Who. The mushroom and shallot pudding was very tasty indeed, who needs ovens! Hope you had a good day too.
                          Last edited by smallblueplanet; 25-12-2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I've managed to make two successful meals, deal with my ex-husband, make a million electronic toys work and entertain four kids all day. And now I'm sitting down with an EXTREMELY large vodka & lime. I plan on having another one in a minute too
                            I was feeling part of the scenery
                            I walked right out of the machinery
                            My heart going boom boom boom
                            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                            I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                              Look forward to seeing your piccies scarey55, the weather sounds great. Tepid and rainy here
                              Sorry, I was being a bit daft yesterday and forgot how to upload pics - here goes:

The first one is Christmas day 2006, the second two are Jan this year and the last one was Christmas Eve 2006.
                              The small pictures don't really do it justice but it was lovely.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X