Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who else has nothing better to do on Xmas Day?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyWayne
    We then had the three bird roast which was delicious
    Hello Wayne, I was wondering yesterday how your 3 bird roast was. Was it worth the price...?

Few weeks ago i saw Aldi advertising a 3 bird joint for £9.99. It really did not look at all nice. Made me cringe.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne
      ....that is being slow roasted as we speak with red wine and rosemary (and a few other bits'n'bobs).
      I'm just about to upload some of the photos - I'll see what I've got and if there are any suitable I'll post a couple here.
      Do the vegetarians a favour HW and post them on the 'Season to Taste' thread, please?
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55
        Sorry, I was being a bit daft yesterday and forgot how to upload pics - here goes:

The first one is Christmas day 2006, the second two are Jan this year and the last one was Christmas Eve 2006.
        The small pictures don't really do it justice but it was lovely.
        They look fab scarey, I wish it was a bit more 'wintery' here. I'd take you some photos in return, but the new camera we got for xmas doubles as the computer NASA use to launch shuttles with and may take me a while to figure out!!!
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Lovely pics Scarey - the sort of snow that coats everything.

Snow really does make a Christmas, however, we had so much in 1997 that the Council had to declare an emergency! It was six foot in places here in Tingwall and we were cut off for five days before a JCB dug us out. No power either for 48 hours. Its the one Christmas we always remember though.
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
            Snow really does make a Christmas, however, we had so much in 1997 that the Council had to declare an emergency! It was six foot in places here in Tingwall and we were cut off for five days before a JCB dug us out. No power either for 48 hours. Its the one Christmas we always remember though.
            Ooh nooooooo,

That sounds awful. I imagine that for a couple of hours it might be fun but then, it starts to get cold and by the time the contents of a full Christmas freezer have turned to mush it is no joke any more.

I love snow but lets hope that doesn't happen here
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
              I'd take you some photos in return, but the new camera we got for xmas doubles as the computer NASA use to launch shuttles with and may take me a while to figure out!!!
              Sooo funny Manda,

Lucky you, getting a noo camera for Christmas. I know how it is though, you need a degree to work something like that. Looking forward to seeing some pics when NASA have finished with it
              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Hope everyone had a good day (and day after!) Been busy - as the middle generation (middle of four? - I know what I mean) we like to make sure the younger and older ones have a great time. Somehow you get swept along with it. It's hard work but really satisfying. Having a day eating up left overs, soaking in bath, NOT cooking for a change.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X