christmas is over here comes spring.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christmas is over here comes spring.

merry christmas all, you can tell christmas is over !!!!!!!!!
    i was in wyevale findern derby late afternoon on christmas eve when the staff friend of mine pointed to the display he had been completing was filled with seed potatoes. roll on spring.
    this will be a battle from the heart
    cymru am byth

Woodlands Garden Centre near me Had its Spud Display up day before Xmas eve when i popped in, just to see if anything was going cheap.

It had big adverts up stating 50% sale, however it was only Xmas decorations, and a few boxes of Blood, Fish and Bone. And some Weedkiller. So I got some.!

Also got myself a handy multi-tool sharpening device thingy. Full Price but it appears quite nifty.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Our Wilko had EASTER EGGS on saturday
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Ho god no...
        They deserve shaming for that.
        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Saw holliday comercial on telly last night first one thats it it's all over jacob
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I like to get New Year over and then,although I know there is a couple of months 'til Spring "proper" I can begin to look for signs in the hedgerows.The first,stone hard,hazel catkins,honeysuckle leaves in very sheltered places and elder leaves.Also the birds pairing up long before you think they would be.
            Early spuds sprouting and sowing tomatoes and sweet peas is also a comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
              Early spuds sprouting and sowing tomatoes and sweet peas is also a comfort.
              oh yes Polly, I think its time to start thinking about tomatoes!
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Thank goodness it's nearly over (Xmas, that is). Never liked it since the kids grew up. Garden Centres that should be full of seeds and seed potatoes are full of decorations and presents from September to January. Oh dear, I seem to be turning (or turned) into a GRUMPY OLD WOMAN!! Can't wait to get sowing and planting, and for the days to start getting a bit longer.

Comment

Don't forget rustylady, the quicker Christmas goes, the quicker it will be back again.
                  God bless all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by The Reverend View Post
                    Don't forget rustylady, the quicker Christmas goes, the quicker it will be back again.
                    Hi Reverend
                    That is very depressing!! but at least we know that slowly light will prevail against darkness!!
                    My best regards
                    Don Vincenzo

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                      Our Wilko had EASTER EGGS on saturday
                      Tesco have had them in the back for about a month now
                      and I bet you can get cream eggs
                      so how old is the choc when you eat it
                      Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
                      Dobby

Comment

Originally posted by phil the shed View Post
                        merry christmas all, you can tell christmas is over !!!!!!!!!
                        i was in wyevale findern derby late afternoon on christmas eve when the staff friend of mine pointed to the display he had been completing was filled with seed potatoes. roll on spring.
                        I've been to B&Q wyevale,and wilko today not a sign of seed potatoes or onion seed Just loads of half priced blasted tinsel

Comment

Tuckers of Ashburton,Devon will see you alright for seed spuds.

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
                            Tuckers of Ashburton,Devon will see you alright for seed spuds.
                            Hi Polly, I take it you live in Devon. Fond memories. Have you considered putting your location (county will do) on your personal profile? If you do it shows up when you post and makes answering queries much easier. I used to live near Ivybridge many years ago, and my brothers and sister still live down that way.

Comment

I asked in Wilko if they had the seed spuds in yet. The answer was 'no, we don't get them in till about mid Feb'

Even when I pointed out that they were seed POTATOES and not seeds per se, I still didn't get a sensible answer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X