christmas is over here comes spring.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    I asked in Wilko if they had the seed spuds in yet. The answer was 'no, we don't get them in till about mid Feb'

Even when I pointed out that they were seed POTATOES and not seeds per se, I still didn't get a sensible answer.
    Hi Hazel and happy new year to everybody!!
    I am not surprised about the answer you got from Wilko but at least you got some sort of answer...............try B&Q and enquire about anything including plants and veg etc..........NO CHANCE!!!!
    My best regards
    Don Vincenzo

Comment

Originally posted by phil the shed View Post
      merry christmas all, you can tell christmas is over !!!!!!!!!
      i was in wyevale findern derby late afternoon on christmas eve when the staff friend of mine pointed to the display he had been completing was filled with seed potatoes. roll on spring.
      You're lucky Phil, the garden centres round here are just full of sales of Christmas stuff & it'll be another couple of weeks before the seed potatoes appear. Luckily I sent for a few in the post & got them before Christmas from Suttons.
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

It will be nice to get out of the winter darkness and back into the light of spring. Now the days are getting longer again I am sure it will only be a few weeks before it starts to become noticeably lighter in the mornings and evenings.

As for seed potatoes, dont panic, My first earlies wont be going in the ground for another 10 weeks yet.

Comment

Our garden centre is shut for the next two weeks!
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Our local garden centre shut down in the autumn (and the littel one beside it that I never went into) - so I don't know where to go for seed potatoes this year. The companies won't post to Ireland as far as I can make out, so I am trying to find somewhere that sells them soon (cos i want a load of spuds this summer!).

Comment

Wyevales in Crews Hill (Enfield-ish) has had first early and early seed potatoes since New Years Day - my wallet can testify!!!! AND I've just ordered some Ferline toms, thanks to you lovely lot on here!!
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                Ho god no...
                They deserve shaming for that.
                I rang me dad a few days before Xmas and he was at work. He is a shift supervisor at a large distribution warehouse and he said it was mental as they had 4000 pallets of easter eggs coming in on Xmas Eve.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X