Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sense & Sensibility

BBC1 21:10

I shall be watching hoping for another Beeb 'tour de force'!

Oh and recording Midsomer Murders on ITV at 21:00.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Andrew Davies is the King of Adaptations! I have high hopes I note from the Radio Times cast list that there's a bit of eye candy for us laydees too!
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Comment

It'll have to go some to match the last adaption I enjoyed - the Emma Thompson filum.

Comment

Didn't they do an adaptation of this a couple of years ago also or am I thinking of another classic book?????

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

To quote Wogan. 'Is it me', but don't they seem to keep dragging out the same old classics, ie Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Oliver Twist, Old Curosity Shop, et al, ad nauseum. They are the dreadful 'set books' we had to suffer for English Literature at school. They were boring then, and no amount of 'modern adaptation' will make them more interesting.

valmarg

Comment

I don't wish for a 'modern adaption' - I rather enjoy it as it was meant to be read.

edit - sorry.
            Last edited by smallblueplanet; 01-01-2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Mmmmm, I love Jane Austen, and I'm also sadly addicted to Georgette Heyer
              Missed the Sense & Sensibility tonight, as OH wa already watching Fantastic Four. But BBC have that iPlayer thingy now where you can rewatch things for up to a week. I managed to watch Ballet Shoes yesterday which I missed on Boxing Day

Comment

I think you can appreciate things for what they are. I enjoyed reading S&S in all it's restrained glory 20 years ago but I'm certainly not averse to tight britches and riding boots and a bit of 'chemistry' that may not have been in the original book!
                I was feeling part of the scenery
                I walked right out of the machinery
                My heart going boom boom boom
                "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse
                  ..... but I'm certainly not averse to tight britches and riding boots and a bit of 'chemistry' that may not have been in the original book!
                  Lol! I think we get your drift!

Makes me want to read the book again....must make the effort.

Comment

Jane Austen, ack ack. "did" her for A level English Lit, hated it then, hate it now. The frocks aren't even that good
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Ah, but I think you'll find that The Britches, The Riding Boots, and the eye-candy wot's in them, is far more pleasing to one now than ever it would have been then, if I may be permitted to speak so boldly....

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
                        Ah, but I think you'll find that The Britches, The Riding Boots, and the eye-candy wot's in them, is far more pleasing to one now than ever it would have been then, if I may be permitted to speak so boldly....
                        Going to get trousers some jodhpurs & riding boots are we Wellie?
                        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

Here in Scotland we dont get it on our TV screens until Friday - hey hmm........
                          ~
                          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

No need Bubble. Trousers is gorgeous enough.....

Jennie. Be prepared. Surround yourself with all manner of Nibbles & Tipples so as not to have to leave the room until it's finished. Mmmm!

Comment

If anyone missed it, or wants to watch it again, it's up for 7 days on the BBC iPlayer;
                              BBC - BBC iPlayer - Home

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X