No announcement yet.

Sense & Sensibility

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second episode on at 21:00 BBC1 tonight (Sun.)

Oh and if anyone is interested TimeTeam new series C4 17:45 today (Sun.)
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 06-01-2008, 11:38 AM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Strangely I've never really bothered to follow S&S as I'm more of a fan of P&P. Did watch a bit of the BBC remake of Oliver Twist few weeks ago. I also watched Jane Eyre, forgot whether it was this year or last year.

It's true, I still prefer to watch period drama with a prim and proper leading female character, dignified yet compassionate, delicate and gentle yet strong natured and of course witty with words to stand out as true herione.

p/s watched 'The Village' film last night and the language is very sweet and old fashioned.
      Last edited by veg4681; 06-01-2008, 12:44 PM.
      Food for Free

Comment

As I said before, I get sick of the rehashes of the same old boring books, but if I had to vote for the best 'rehashed novel' film over the Christmas period, the winner would be 'The Muppets Christmas Carol'.

valmarg

Comment

Well we only got the first part on Friday and it was great. Had the sound up to counteract the wind in the lum! But we catch up with merrie England tonight for part 2.

I would just Lurve their cottage.
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Jennie, spoken like a true Romantic like wot I am..... and no shame there Missy....
            Oh to be able to Faint like a true girlie these days, and get away wtih it!!

Comment

Ain't that the truth!

If I swooned like a girlie I would come round in an inelegant sprawl on the floor surrounded by bewildered chaps, not knowing wot to do...

Comment

I felt quite faint after the wet shirt scene!
                I was feeling part of the scenery
                I walked right out of the machinery
                My heart going boom boom boom
                "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                I've come to take you home."

Comment

Is it just me who's come over all funny after the last episode!?

Oh for a Colonel Brandon of my very own!

Comment

Haven't been watching it! Doh, really must check out iplayer..

Have been collecting the Beebs classic drama thingy, got P&P as parts 1 and 2. Have now got Mr Darcy at me fingertips whenever I feel the urge. Now theres a thought....

Good job I'm sitting down as me knees are feeling quite wobbly!
                    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
                      Have now got Mr Darcy at me fingertips whenever I feel the urge. Now theres a thought....
                      Oooh er, missus! Hope you've got the smelling salts at the ready

Comment

Loosen yer bodice lass! Want to borrow me fan?
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

We "did" Lark Rise to Candleford as one of our set books. I'm looking forward to that, although what they've said about it so far doesn't seem to relate what I remember of the the book.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

OK, Hand me The Hankies!

Honest to God, I simply ADORE these period dramas.
                            But why shouldn't one? Genteelness, gaddishness, intrigue, gossip.... effectively Real Life Itself, but in a totally different era.
                            And I am truly enjoying 'Role Reversal' in our Cottage right now:
                            Trousers has a hold of The Mouse and thinks that he's 'won'.
                            I have control of The Remote Control, and funnily enough girls, there's no sign of SPORT on the TV when I'm watching a period drama?
                            Clever Wellie!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X