Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery book: Strella

Can I pick your brains?
    OH wants a book that he read as a kid, he thinks called " Strella " about the missile. That's all I got! I had a troll thru the Net, out of print books, libraries etc, but nothing shows up except Strellas Children, which is not the right one.

It'd be magic if you knew what I was looking for, cos I don't
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Just out of interest, how old was he when he read it (teenage? like, 5?) and how old is he now. I ask as although I've not heard of it, it might be my brother or sister's 'era'.

Comment

Not something I've come across before either, sorry, and I have a big collection of books from childhood & teens. I have a book about after nuclear war from school which is still scary now 20 years after I first read it

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Can I pick your brains?
        OH wants a book that he read as a kid, he thinks called " Strella " about the missile. That's all I got! I had a troll thru the Net, out of print books, libraries etc, but nothing shows up except Strellas Children, which is not the right one.

It'd be magic if you knew what I was looking for, cos I don't
        I sometimes buy and sell books on eBay and I use two sites for researching old books.

One is http://ukbookworld.com/cgi-bin/search.plfor for English Authors and the other is AbeBooks: New & Used Books, Textbooks, Rare & Out of Print Books for international Authors. Each site has an easy to use search facility and by feeding in whatever information you have you may get a hit!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks Snadger, we have found it now... Strela by Mike Shanley
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X