Seedaholics 2008

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seedaholics 2008

I see Wilko's have got there seeds out already.............YIPPEEEEE! Oh the joy of looking through all those packets of seeds!

Am cataloging mine this weekend (well finishing off what I started during a wet weekend before Christmas) so will then find out if I'm short of anything - more likely to have to many already so am hoping I don't need to look as if I go in for one thing I'll end up spotting loads of other things!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Don't please ........

I've got to buy ANOTHER big plastic storage box - the sort with wheels - to get my seeds in already and with my chum's input, it's bloody embarrasing.
      TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Have they got pots and trays and things in..?
        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah Wilko seeds are out. I had a quick look last Friday but I think I'm totally done for seeds for 2008 with all the sought after stuffs I wanted like yellow courgette, purple and filet French beans, that essential outdoor cuke, auberinges, good selections of tomato, winter squash & Oriental leaves. I can't possibly want anything more...perhaps pale/white courgette, pepper lipstick etc but I can hold back.
          Last edited by veg4681; 04-01-2008, 07:19 PM.
          Food for Free

Comment

Thank heavens Wilko's are too far away for me to go! I have enough trouble with the Unwins stand in my local Co-op!! Although by the sounds of it, my one overflowing biscuit tin is minor in comparison with some...(cough..Tony!..cough)

Comment

I almost bought a very smart tool chest in B&Q on Saturday in the sale purely for keeping my seeds in but realised that a) it probably wasn't big enough and b) I didn't really need anything so posh!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

With all the sweets Iv'e eaten this xmas I have extra tins for seed storage. I always use tins as mice have a bit more trouble getting into them. At the moment I have 1 for peas, 1 for beans, 1 for flowers (only a few packets in it) and two for veg seeds. I'll have to get down to Wilko's to have a look at what they have. Will probably have shallots now I've managed to get some.

Comment

my name is yoly and i am a seedaholic, why do i want £100 worth of seeds when i have a box full?
                  Yo an' Bob
                  Walk lightly on the earth
                  take only what you need
                  give all you can
                  and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

I was keeping my seeds in two of those plastic thingies you are supposed to put breakfast cereals in. I had a temporary lodger in November and my plastic boxes are empty. I don't know what she has done with my seeds, but I think I'm starting again !

To be quite honest, last year was the first in many years that I have harvested nothing.

I have the second log fire of this winter and from the splattering that's going on, I think it's precipitating down the chimney!
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

i have to finally admit it but i too like most people on here, have a problem. but the love of my life doesn't help either!!

my OH had me get rid of one sweet tin, so now i only have two.

but since then she has stated that she is going home to Slovakia next week for a short break and some real snow (i have to stay here, cant get time off work at short notice) (she booked the tickets today) and the first thing she said to me was that she could buy me lots of different chilli/pepper/gherkin seeds while she was there to stock up. work out the female logic in that one fellas. not that i am complaining at all, i just kept my mouth shut.
                      Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                      Bob Dylan

Comment

All I need this year is http://i.plime.com/images/library/15...58_v05C_90.jpg
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          I thought you weren't supposed to rub your eyes after you've handled a chillie! don't even go there
                          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Wilko seeds (they also sell Johnson seeds) can be viewed online if anybody's interested before making any trip there. Price starts from as low as 39p. Yipeeee...the gardening stocks are coming back!
                            Food for Free

Comment

Need more choice, try these-

Graines Baumaux

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X