No announcement yet.

Seedaholics 2008

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please could you advice a newbie seedaholic on how best to store them? Ie in an airtight container in the fridge??? How long do they last? I went overboard at the bootsale as someone was selling them cheap- but they all say use by june 2008.

Thanks!

Comment

Ethansmum
      All the advise is for keeping seeds in the fridge but as I couldn't get much more than a pint of milk in there with all my seed boxes, have had to take them out. I can't use my central heating as I've got freezers in front of the radiators (see what allotments do to you) my home is never tropical at the best of times, so far so good, keep them cool and boxed up and you should be ok.
      Sue

I had a lovely time over the Christmas holidays, first choosing all the seeds I wanted then creating a huge exel spread sheet. This lists where I bought them from, variety, cultivation notes and I've put all the sowing and harvesting times in columns so I can sort the list to pull off what I need to sow month by month. This is proving very successful, I was always forgetting to resow things like carrots and lettuces now it's on my list!

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice- I'll keep them cool.

I daren't make a spreadsheet because I've spent a small fortune on seeds and don't want the other half to find out.

Sue do seeds keep well?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X