My True Love Sent to Me ...........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My True Love Sent to Me ...........

Today being the last day of Christmas and having a spare moment or two over the last couple of days courtesy of the weather, my husband and I worked out that had our true love sent everything promised, on this day we would have:
    • 12 partridges
    • 22 turtle doves
    • 30 french hens
    • 36 calling birds
    • 40 gold rings (not bad )
    • 42 geese a laying
    • 42 swans a swimming
    • 40 maids a milking
    • 36 drummers drumming (headache time!)
    • 30 pipers piping
    • 22 ladies dancing
    • 12 lords a leaping

A grand total of 364 items Somewhat noisy methinks!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Can you imagine the feed bills!!! However, there would be plenty of fertiliser
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Jennie - you would also have 12 pear trees !!!!
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
        Jennie - you would also have 12 pear trees !!!!
        Plenty of perry then?
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Jennie Luv - maybe you should 'get out more' in 2008?!

Comment

Truelove sent all that? Grounds for divorce!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
              Today being the last day of Christmas and having a spare moment or two over the last couple of days courtesy of the weather, my husband and I worked out that had our true love sent everything promised, on this day we would have:
              • 12 partridges
              • 22 turtle doves
              • 30 french hens
              • 36 calling birds
              • 40 gold rings (not bad )
              • 42 geese a laying
              • 42 swans a swimming
              • 40 maids a milking
              • 36 drummers drumming (headache time!)
              • 30 pipers piping
              • 22 ladies dancing
              • 12 lords a leaping

A grand total of 364 items Somewhat noisy methinks!
              So, something for everyday of the year - apart from Christmas when you get something else?
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Good grief - I didnt get anywhere near that from MY true love!!!!
                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Funny, my daughter (aged 7) was just asking about this yesterday! Her question "Why would you want a load of leaping lords & dancing ladies?" I had no sensible answers for her

Comment

Have you ever heard the irish version of this song? It's by Frank somebody I think - Kelly maybe? But he is writing to his true love to thank her everyday for the pressies - wonderful at the start but the various fowl start fighting with each other, the leaping lords and dancing ladies start running off with each other and the maids a milking have left a big mess in the parlour (very parpahrased, but you get the idea). It's very very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Winged one View Post
                      Have you ever heard the irish version of this song? It's by Frank somebody I think - Kelly maybe? But he is writing to his true love to thank her everyday for the pressies - wonderful at the start but the various fowl start fighting with each other, the leaping lords and dancing ladies start running off with each other and the maids a milking have left a big mess in the parlour (very parpahrased, but you get the idea). It's very very funny.

This is what you are on about -
                      YouTube - Christmas Countdown
                      There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

You know something? I think this (apart from a Two Ronnies comedy LP) was the very first comedy record I bought for my darling Dad, and, as very stiff-upper-lip and totally Victorian as he was, he absolutely wet himself laughing, and listened to it over and over and over again.... and every time, he laughed even louder and longer.

How can you NOT wet yourself laughing at this cumulative kind of humour.....
                        Absolutely Priceless! and thank you for bringing it back to make us all wet ourselves?
                        New Pants Please!...
                        X

Comment

I still have a Two Ronnies LP (Jehosophat and Jones) which was my dad's. Actually, I think I can sing every one of the songs word for word....

Comment

I'll have to check tonight if I can get online at home - you tube is banned at work ah boo! But I always have a great laugh listening to it, I never heard it this Christmas though and it is usually on a couple of times at least. I always think of the "poor mammy"!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X