Cheap(ish) funky wellies?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap(ish) funky wellies?

I need some new wellies and faniced one of those new funky looking printed pairs. I've looked in B&Q and Homebase but not really found any I like. I know Netto had some recently but I can't get there very easily.

Anyone know of any on the High St or in the supermarkets for around the £20 or less mark?

Just as an aside, I've found some fabulous ones on this site but mostly a bit more than I want to pay for wellies:

Wellington Boots
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Next were doing some good ones last year, haven't seen the new directory yet though.
    You could buy some cheep green ones and customise them?

What is Netto?
    Last edited by lainey lou; 08-01-2008, 09:31 AM.
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Check these out at M&M Direct - they have some great stuff cheap. Got a Berghaus goretex jacket from them, ace!

Wellingtons

Don't forget Quidco if you cashback with them. Don't forget you don't want too cheap you might be wearing them a long time?

- these are fun?
      Last edited by smallblueplanet; 08-01-2008, 11:10 AM.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Peacocks/Asda/Matalan or if youve got a Poundstretcher or Range (same group) they had some really funky ones just before christmas
        The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Just been in Wilkinsons and saw oneswith roses on for a tenner
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I'll see what Next, Wilko and Peacocks have. We've got an Asda and a Matalan but they're bus-with-a-pushchair distance, so probably second string choices! Some good ones at M&M and I've also found a few pairs on ebay. Hard to judge the quality online though and like you say Manda, *too* cheap can be a false economy!

Netto is a supermarket in the style of Lidl, Aldi etc Lainey Lou (probably only for us commoners in the backwoods ).

Comment

my best christmas pressie this year was these
              Unisex Fleece Lined Boot From Cotton Traders
              if you can afford these they are fab, warm, waterproof, huge treads, and really really comfy what a fab sister in law ive got!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
                my best christmas pressie this year was these
                Unisex Fleece Lined Boot From Cotton Traders
                if you can afford these they are fab, warm, waterproof, huge treads, and really really comfy what a fab sister in law ive got!!
                How high up the leg do they go? Are the legs waterproof? They do look pretty comfy
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

OH keeps telling me to get some wellies but I'm not convinced they're all that comfy? Seahorse?
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                    How high up the leg do they go? Are the legs waterproof? They do look pretty comfy
                    would say they are 3/4 lenght of normal wellies, but the "gusset" thing & zip means they accomodate really thick socks and your jeans/trousers tucked in without struggling to get them on & off. The legs are made of a suede type fabric so not waterproof but i've had them on for a couple of long sessions at the lottie and not had any problems.

Comment

Got my walking boots from cotton traders, they are sooo comfy and were a really good price.
                      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Thanks for that Hans Mum, would be great for me in the garden but will stick to my Hunter wellies (thanks dad) for plodding through calf-deep mud and puddles to the horseys!

Moggsue, if you buy 'soft' wellies they can be really comfy. Just try them on with wellies and thick socks and walk about in them as you would when trying on shoes.
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

My 'Wellies' are derriboots. Dark green, comfy lining, waterproof as anything. I think they were £25 ish and I can walk for miles/dig for Britian in them!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Both the fleecy ones and the derriboots look great. I do actually have some decent boots cos I don't find wellies very comfy (probably cos I'm too tight to pay much for a pair ) but if I'm going to be hoiking manure around for the foreseeable future (see my other post!) I thought something that I can go under the tap might be an idea!

Thanks for all the ideas

Comment

As long as you don't pour the water inside you can scrub your derries under the outside tap till they gleam again. Ask me how I know!
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X