No announcement yet.

Cheap(ish) funky wellies?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my flowery ones from Lidl a couple of years ago for £ 3.99 I think. They're fine for occasional use, I wouldn't dig the garden in them though. Here's a pic. of them at Tatton Flower Show last summer!?
    Attached Files
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Hmm, think I might need something a bit more substantial than wellies - something to dig in, potter on the plot in, and stay toasty dry! I have walking boots but they cost a fortune so I dont really want to use them on the lottie. Derries might be the answer - are they sturdy enough for digging? Love the pics btw, flowery ones, ladybird ones ... thinking creative thoughts now!!
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I dig in mine Moggsue. (Mind you, have gardenened in slippers in silver-haired moments so that's no recommendation!)
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Oh Flum, the times I've left the house for work without my shoes on ....

Guess what I'm doing this weekend .... yep, searching for derries! Good luck in your wellie search Seahorse - pics please when you get funky ones!
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I put it in google when I got mine. Can't remember where but they were very quick.

Comment

Well, my shopping trip went dreadfully wrong somewhere! Came home with three pairs of kids wellies and a pair of kids trainers! Mind you, I only just escaped being persuaded to buy a ukele (which I secretly thought was actually really cool and shall get for my daughters next birthday!).

I think I'm going to order myself a pair of Tayberrys like these:

Funky wellingtons from Tayberry, ideal gifts for the stable and garden

seem to be a decent compromise between quality and style and not *too* pricey
              I was feeling part of the scenery
              I walked right out of the machinery
              My heart going boom boom boom
              "Hey" he said "Grab your things
              I've come to take you home."

Comment

Very pretty. I love my Hunter's which my dad kindly coughed up for as my birthday pressie last year. Boys got me fleecy wellie socks so boots are really comfy and cozy whatever the weather. They certainly don't rate as cheap though but should last me for a good few years.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Lovely Seahorse. Derries are warm and practical but you would never describe them as 'funky' I'm afraid.

Comment

The fleece lined boots from Cotton Traders look good but they only start at size 4 & I only take a small 3 so I'd need a few pairs of socks! Saw a lovely pair of wellies in a shop in Ambleside in the Lakes at weekend they had photos of chocolates all over them & cost £20 but they only had a couple of pairs, non to fit me.The Tayberry ones look similar & pretty sturdy too.

Comment

At size 3 Sue you could get away with kiddies boots, some very funky designs and much cheeper.
                      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Sue, I bought my daughter a size 3 pair of those chocolate covered wellies in Mackays (or is it M&Co now?) if you have one near? They were less money too - £15
                        I was feeling part of the scenery
                        I walked right out of the machinery
                        My heart going boom boom boom
                        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Ooh, thanks Seahorse. I'm pretty sure there's one of those around here somewhere, maybe in Warrington, I know I've looked in there in the past. I'll be in there next time I see one!

Comment

Ohh, funky is the right word Seahorse!!! Lookin good ..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X