Kiwi seeds at Wilko + other good stuff

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi seeds at Wilko + other good stuff

Been to Wilko again today and they're selling 'Fruit Salad' seed growing packs - mini propagator + compost and seeds for kiwi fruit, alpine stawberries, sugar baby watermelon and honeydew melon. Priced at £1.99. I'll be fairly suprised if any of it gets anywhere but thought at that price, it's worth a shot. I've never seen kiwi seeds for sale here before.

In the same format they also had herbs, veg and a peppers/chilli pack, all at £1.99 or 3 for £5.

Also mushroom spores for £2.99, cheapest I've see them.
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Interesting stuff but I personally wouldn't get my hopes up high on the fruit collection except for the strawberry and maybe honeydew melon.

I saw the herb collection too but the pots are tiny. Are they just meant for sowing the seeds, puzzled but then again I've seen herb jar for the kitchen with tiny holes on them.
    Food for Free

Comment

Tantalisingly, our Wilko today has the first of the seeds in ... and a few pots, but nothing else until they get shot of the rest of the Christmas stuff.

I communed with the seed racks for a bit, then bought a Stewart Plastics gravel tray (i.e. for seed tray without holes in the bottom - sturdy) for the grand sum of 59p.

Think my purse got off quite lightly - although I did see the shelf which is marked up for propergators, but there aren't any in yet. THAT will be a test of my willpower!

Comment

*points Mini to Didcot
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          Think my purse got off quite lightly - although I did see the shelf which is marked up for propergators, but there aren't any in yet. THAT will be a test of my willpower!
          You reckon they'll have heated propagator and most likely the Stewart brand?
          Food for Free

Comment

The propogators on the shelf in my local Wilko were not heated ones. If you want heated, check Focus, they had good deals this time last year.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

woolies were putting out their seeds & stuff tonight when i came home from work and they also had some xmas gardening gift sets (secateurs,etc) at 75% off i was good & resisted but dont know for how long
              The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Right! That's me down to Woolies in the morning! Thanks Hans Mum

Comment

youre welcome hazel dont spend too much
                  The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Those offers sound interesting, must find a Woolies & Wilkos this weekend!
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                      Those offers sound interesting, must find a Woolies & Wilkos this weekend!
                      Suggest you leave the credit card at home!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X