Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because you're the only ones who will understand...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because you're the only ones who will understand...

I wish to share my deep joy at taking delivery of a fantastically huge trailer load of manure at the lottie this morning! Gorgeous stuff!

I dunno, I've taken some sh*t off men in my time but I've never actually been pleased about it before!!!
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Well done you. Wish i could get some. The only one i can get is the ones in bags in the garden centre. Theres no comparison to the real thing. It does'nt even smell the same.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Congratulations. I can get as much as I want, whenever I want but am put off by the fact I have to take it all through the house!
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
        I wish to share my deep joy at taking delivery of a fantastically huge trailer load of manure at the lottie this morning! Gorgeous stuff!

I dunno, I've taken some sh*t off men in my time but I've never actually been pleased about it before!!!
        Love it!

Congrats on your delivery.

I'm with you all the way. I was pleased as punch to have a trailer load of the stuff delivered shortly after Christmas, doubt you've ever seen a 32 year old so excited about a trailer of chit. I'm actually looking forward to getting down to the plot at the weekend to see how it's "doing".

Is your well rotted stuff, or fresh like mine?
        Last edited by HeyWayne; 10-01-2008, 12:25 PM.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Poo, don't you just love it! Well the horse variety, not so much the variety I have to deal with far too frequently at work!
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I used to get mine from a friend before she moved away and I would say "all this way to see you and all I get is a load of s**t".
            Fortunately I have found another free source,bagged and ready for me to take in exchange for feed bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
              I used to get mine from a friend before she moved away and I would say "all this way to see you and all I get is a load of s**t".
              Fortunately I have found another free source,bagged and ready for me to take in exchange for feed bags.
              Polly I can't begin to describe the picture in my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                Is your well rotted stuff, or fresh like mine?
                It's fairly fresh but with lots of lovely straw in it. As it's will be a topping for cardboard to try and get rid of the worst of the weeds, I'm going to use it as-is, unless anyone says otherwise???
                I was feeling part of the scenery
                I walked right out of the machinery
                My heart going boom boom boom
                "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                I've come to take you home."

Comment

I would Seahorse.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                    It's fairly fresh but with lots of lovely straw in it. As it's will be a topping for cardboard to try and get rid of the worst of the weeds, I'm going to use it as-is, unless anyone says otherwise???
                    Should be absolutely fine

Comment

oooh how lovely - you just can't be a pile of poo now can ya.

I'm going to be uber sweet to Donkey on my new lottie, feeding him carrots (small bits) up front whilst holding potty up back
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                        oooh how lovely - you just can't be a pile of poo now can ya.

I'm going to be uber sweet to Donkey on my new lottie, feeding him carrots (small bits) up front whilst holding potty up back
                        HAHA!! You got long arms then, Piskie?!

Has Donkey got a name (besides Donkey)?

Comment

OOohhhh, I'm jealous!!! I cant find any here as yet - hope I do soon or its gonna cost a small fortune at the GC. Well done Claire, lucky lady!!
                          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by moggssue View Post
                            OOohhhh, I'm jealous!!! I cant find any here as yet - hope I do soon or its gonna cost a small fortune at the GC. Well done Claire, lucky lady!!
                            Ask at the lottie site when you see other plotholders - there's bound to be an 'arrangement' somehow.

Comment

I can get loadsa the stuff. My very ex is a farmer and even tho he doesn't speak to me (long story) he still comes up trumps when needed. Trouble is it can't be delivered very close to the lottie and it would take me several days to shift it with a barrow. In the meantime I suspect quite a lot of it would go walkabout .
                              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X