Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit of nice news about those Horses etc.. rescued by RSPCA.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of nice news about those Horses etc.. rescued by RSPCA.

Dont know if anybody has seen this.. Redwings Horse Sanctuary and Equine Veterinary Centre

One of the sick Donkeys has had a baby at the rescue centre.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

That's something nice to come out of something dispicable; thanks for sharing! It makes me so sad to hear some of the horrible things that some animals have to go through.

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
      Dont know if anybody has seen this.. Redwings Horse Sanctuary and Equine Veterinary Centre

One of the sick Donkeys has had a baby at the rescue centre.
      Well now, that bought a tear to my eye. Thanks for sharing that Seasprout. Good to see that there is a silver lining behind every cloud
      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Thanks for sharing that spot of good news. They are going to have a hard time helping that baby donk to thrive at this time of year though!
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Since the story broke about the rescue earlier in the week, ive been trying to keep up with info on the Animals progress.

It was a very upsetting story, i'm sure you all agree.

Comment

Having 3 elderly ponies that I can't really afford to keep or feed, I can actually understand how it happens. I wish I had money to erect a shelter in the field mine have - can't afford for them to be stabled (and 2 wouldn't like to be indoors anyway)

Thought I better add, that though I understand how it happens I don't condone it!
            Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 12-01-2008, 08:53 PM. Reason: Making myself clearer
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Where in this world can man find
              nobility without pride,
              friendship without envy,
              beauty without vanity?
              Here, where grace is laced with muscle,
              and strength by gentleness confined.
              He serves without servility;
              he has fought without enmity.
              There is nothing so powerful, nothing less violent;
              there is nothing so quick, nothing more patient.
              England's past has been borne on his back.
              All our history is his industry,
              we are his heirs, he our inheritance.
              Ladies and gentlemen ..
              The Horse.

Now tell me something nice about the morons (not my ideal choice of word) who can treat ANY animal like that. Reading stories like that leaves me totaly drained and disgusted.
              I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Nobody has told the other side of the story. Who are the owners? Why has this happened. It may be exactly as it appears, so totally reprehensible. OR something else entirely.

We haven't heard why.

If there is someone to blame the meedja are usually straight on the case. All we've heard so far is the state of the horses.

I speak as the granddaughter of someone whose name was mud after the meedja reported a situation without finding out the facts first.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

JanieB, please don't take offence but the facts are a lot of animals suffering needlessly, whatever the reason.
                  I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

I started to read the article in the newspaper and couldnt finish it. I'd like someone to do to the guy what he did to the animals.

Comment

From what I gather the guy was hording the animals, buying them in cheap, for as little as a £1 in some cases and slaughtering them for the continental meat trade.

The media described it eloquently as selling meat on the hook not the hoof.

Comment

If the reporting is correct this wasn't a case of someone not being able to look after the horses properly it was a case of someone not caring at all about the animals as they were to be slaughtered anyway for the meat trade. I don't eat meat & find it hard to understand how people can slaughter cows,pigs etc. but I know it's their job & they no doubt get used to it, but you'd have to have a hard heart to slaughter a beautiful intelligent animal like a horse. Nice to see that some of the horses, ponies & donkeys are looking forward to brighter futures at places like 'Redwings'.
                        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I don't really have any major objections to animals being slaughtered for meat as long as they have had a reasonable life first. However, I have a major objection to horses, ponies etc bing slaughtered when they have been brought up to be someone's beloved pet. Trained and loved. They are then betrayed before they're old by being killed to be eaten.

I remember my daughter growing out of her first pony and having to sell it on. Although we know the next owner used him well, we had no guarantee that he wouldn't eventually be bought by someone promising he was for their child but actually buying him for the horsemeat trade .
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by terrier View Post
                            who can treat ANY animal like that.
                            ... like um, battery hens? Oh, that's another thread. Funny how both stories hit the news at the same time. We treat our "pets" with more respect than our food animals (generally).
                            This was despicable cruelty and neglect.

Shirl, can you stick a sign on your fence
                            "please DO feed the horses"
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X