Jobsworth

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobsworth

Sorry, I've used already this section for one rant recently so it doesn't really seem fair to have another, but I'm just soooooo angry.

OH has Man Flu - this is not the reason for the rant, though it probably should be - as a result our dogs haven't been getting their usual yomp through the woods and instead I've been taking them to the local park and chucking them a ball about until they're tired. We have three parks locally, two are conventional ones with flower-beds, kids' play-areas etc and one is just a big grassed area with hills, banks and a few paths and this is the one I take the dogs to. This, for some inexplicable reason, is also the only one which has a park-keeper living in a little house by the gate.

Today as I was walking in, a couple of girls aged 12/13 or so were riding their ponies along the path. At which point Parkie emerges from his house and starts screeching at them about how it is illegal for them to take their horses through the park, to get out, to never come-back, they are barred even without their ponies, that he will report them........ The girls mumbled an apology and left. I didn't say anything because I thought it was up to their parents, but as I walked on I wished I'd at least given the girls my phone number in case they needed someone to back-up their story. He really was going way over the top, especially as they seemed very polite but shy young girls who did not answer back, but who did seem mortified. I also grew increasingly angry; not only would a quiet word of explanation have done, but this is the same park-keeper who, presumably, becomes stone-deaf after about 6pm, because that's when the park is inundated by youths on dirt-bikes who make the place unusable for anyone else and who are allowed to make vast areas of it into a mud bath.

I still wouldn't have done anything, but on the way out he had collared some old chap and was proudly telling him how he had 'sorted out' the girls. At this point I told the little oik exactly what I thought of him. His only reply was: 'I just hope you've cleaned up after those dogs, that's all!' I did have the satisfaction of swinging a plastic bag containing a couple of world-class dog turds in front of his face, but I'm still fuming.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

He probably feels emasculated by the 'yobs' so he takes out his frustration on harmless wee girls

I'm glad you told him what you thought!!!
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Comment

Sounds about right bluemoon .Pick on the easy target and ignore the real problem.
      You should come with me some week when I'm on holidays from the day job and meet some of the security guards that staff the supermarket distribution warehouses up and down Great Britain. Your Parky wouldn't even have made the cut for the interview
      There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Miserable old so and so.
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

That was a quite justifiable rant Bluemoon, pity you didn't hit him with your bag of dog poo instead of just dagling it in front of him. I did think of complaining to our County council as on the riverside walk we go to once a week there is allways horsie poo and no body says a thing but Council always ranting on about Dog poo. Decided not to as we allways take spare plastic bags pick up the horse poo for our compost bin, it really speeds up the process
          It's not the growing old I mind but the growing stupid with it!

Comment

Park keepers get p*ssed off as well!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Small man syndrome?
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Where do they find people like that, to work in contact with the public?! Glad you told him what you thought and hope others do so as well!.
                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

He sounds like a right bully - I'd report him he obviously feels the need to pick on defensive children and not the ones he sould be dealing with.

Comment

Hold onnnnnnnnnn..............hold on you lot, give the guy a break!

He's probably doing a job that none of us would be keen on doing, for very little wages and getting grief from his gaffer everyday about the divots left by horses and people not cleaning up dog sh*t!

I for one wouldn't go out chasing motorbikers in the dark either, especially if I was a shortarse!

The way I see it, he was only doing his job and we don't know the history of the situation ie had the horse riders been chased numerous times before and did he finally snap. Maybe the guy he was talking to afterwards WAS his gaffer?

Nope, as far as I'm concerned, until the guy comes on to this forum and puts his side of the argument, I'll keep an open mind!

Having said all that, there's no denying that bluemoon was upset and I empathise with her.
                    Last edited by Snadger; 16-01-2008, 06:26 AM.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X