Total lunar eclipse

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total lunar eclipse

for those interested there will be a total lunar eclipse in the early hours of the 21st feb. first contact occurs sround 12-37am however the bit you want to see occurs from around 1-43am onwards and totality is at 03-01 am.
    is spacetime curved or was einstien round the bend

Oh...fantastic!!!
    Thanks for that starwatcher.... love that sort of thing!! Will get my telescope out of the attic again

Bound to be cloudy here - but you never know! Twas a beautiful clear and frosty night last night with a bright, full moon ( or nearly???)

Please will you remind us nearer the time???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Will do on the reminder, like you say though bound to be cloudy. you should get your scope out though did you see mars last night just overhead if you are looking south.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Saw the most fantastic moon halo the other night. Keep going out to check the moon this evening (similar conditions, and a full moon tonight)

Trouble is though, they do say that it is a sign of bad weather to come
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by starwatcher View Post
          Will do on the reminder, like you say though bound to be cloudy. you should get your scope out though did you see mars last night just overhead if you are looking south.
          No missed that

Do keep us updated on these events though starwatcher!

I get the Focus magazine- scientific one (not the naughty one...didn't realize there are two mags with that name!!!!- but that's another story)...and that tells you which planets are where during the coming month, but it's always too far in advance for me to remember!!
          Cloudy again for us tonight.

I'm also on Aurora watch on the internet, but I've not heard from them for a while- think they've had their funding cut or something.
          Last edited by Nicos; 23-01-2008, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that, Starwatcher. Feb 21st is my son's 21st birthday. I wonder if we can organize a bit of a sky watch during his party? Having said that, it almost always snows for his birthday, so the weather may not help us.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Oh thanks for that, I'll look out for the reminder, would love to see that!!
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Have sat in the garden with No 1 son watching lunar eclipse (many years ago). Fantastic experience, but 3 am may be a bit of a problem now I'm elderly (I'm not like Margaret Thatcher and need more than 4 hours sleep a night). Don't mind staying up late, but once I've gone to bed that's it until the alarm goes off in time to get up for work.

Comment

Thanks for the interest everyone, will keep you posted. I havent heard from aurora watch for ages either Nicos. sounds from your location Nicos that you are quite near me if you are and you are interested in getting out observing one night PM me

Comment

Thanks for the offer!
                    I tend to grab the odd 1/4 hr or so once in a while, but realistically evenings are the busiest times of the day for me, so I just have to 'grasp the moment' when I know there is something worth checking up on.

The French sky is so clear though (as it's in the middle of nowhere) and the North Star is difficult to find because of the brightness of all the other stars and the Milky Way. Quite a contrast to the glowing Mancheser light pollution we see to the North of us here in the UK!

Looks like we'll be in France for the lunar eclipse...fingers crossed for a clear sky!

Where abouts are you? It doesn't say on your profile?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X