No announcement yet.

Do the birds know ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the rooks/crows are nest building in the chestnut trees here at work! seems very early.
    How can I tell if they are rooks, crows or jackdaws - I know a jackdaw by it's song( if you can call it that)

Comment

If it's rook it'll be in a rookery- and if it's on it's own it's a crow!.
      Something Like that!!

Don't jackdaws eye's 'flash' when they blink???
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Here's the RSPB bird identifier (by name)

The RSPB: Birds by name
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

There is a saying about rooks and crows, but I cant get it right-something like 'if you see crows then it's a rook and if you see a rook then its a crow'....can anyone help correct me please?

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
            Here's the RSPB bird identifier (by name)

The RSPB: Birds by name
            Thanks for that SBP, very interesting, there's miwyuns!. I reckon by the time I'd found the ones I was looking at they'd of flown off though...

One of the dudes on the plot next to me is a walking birdcyclopedia, he's forever telling me about the birds he can hear from the plot. Very rarely see anything other than sparrows, starlings and robins actually on the plot. Oh and the odd pigeon!
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
              There is a saying about rooks and crows, but I cant get it right-something like 'if you see crows then it's a rook and if you see a rook then its a crow'....can anyone help correct me please?
              They used to say if there's one it's a crow - if there are several crows, they are rooks.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I'm absolutely sure the little bu***rs knew it was Birdwatch weekend. I get loads of allsorts in my back garden, but this weekend zilch. Not even the ruddy starlings. Having said that, I don't know if it's to do with climate change etc, but they've not taken as much food from the feeders this winter as usual.

Comment

WOW thanks for that folks, I hope those of you who wrote lists appreciate what you have got. unfortunately i do live in a concrete jungle which thanks to our local council is becoming even more of one I.E what bit of woodland we did have near us was knocked down to build flats which are now called the woodlands
                  is spacetime curved or was einstien round the bend

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X