Tax Deadline - aargh!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Deadline - aargh!

Anyone out there as sloppy and inefficient as I am - just started accounts for SA Tax return? Deadline midnight 31st Jan.
    Of the (misguided) belief that I work better under pressure

Chris

As a bookkeeper in training - nope!

Good luck - just remember that expenses need to be backed up with receipts!
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

I haven't had to fill in a tax return for well over 30 years.
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

how lucky are you BW they still cant sort out my tax details as they gave them to some other person , more than likely an assylum seeker.its only been six months and still on going, all the while im paying thirty% tax the robbing barstewards

Comment

oh yes ,ive made an appointment to speak to a local tax person ,it took almost 6 weeks for them to contact me with the said date its monday week will keep you all posted, so far 7 different tax offices have delt with me all saying the same thing,now its with an annalist. WHY!!!???

Comment

Don't wait for them - ring them - they should have assigned you a specific person to deal with your case, you will need to chase!

Best of luck.

Comment

sorry my comment crossed in the ether with yours!

Comment

I know and they go and give it to someone on JSA like me!
                Sorry about that I have been out of work for 27 months now & at 59 next month I am begining to wonder if I will ever work again?
                One good point plenty of time for the lottie.
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

t peers, chase , i think they think im a raving looney , they not wrong , its impossible to find some person to complain to , you end up going round and round in circles.

Comment

Until this fiasco started you should have dealt mainly with one tax office. Someone at that office will have your tax file and/or access to the computerised files. That is a place to start. You say you have a meeting booked at a local tax office - it is worth ringing that office and checking that they have spoken to your tax office and have copies/access to all the records.

Make it very clear to them that you are out of pocket as you are on an emergency tax code and that you will wish to claim all the back tax owed to you.

When you go to your meeting take any and all paperwork you have - don't accept a brush off 'a preliminary meeting', 'your case will be considered'. You may be lucky and get a good taxman - but you may not.....

Make sure the paperwork includes all the tax codes for the last few years, all your pay notifications and any paperwork they have sent you and copies of any letters you have sent them.

Comment

Until November last year I had 9 NINE tax offices in the Uk dealing with various bits of my income and pensions. Because of the joint tax agreement I now have one here in France just 20 mins away from where we live and had a nice letter from Mr Inland Revenue in the UK telling me that because of my tax status, I don't even need to fill in a self-assessment form any more

And regardless of what some people may tell you, my/our tax bill here in France is 40% of what it was in the UK and that's without any avoidance/evasion - and they've given us loads of tax back as well.

Now I can afford the extendable Stil chain saw that cuts up to 2.4 meters up the tree!
                      Tho J says we need a holiday - holiday, HOLIDAY, we live in the bleedin' Dordogne and there are TOOLS to be bought still!
                      TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

tony, why do you think wellie and cant wait for our french adventure to begin,
                        t, peers, after being ivestigated and cleared , and paid back a few thousand £ by the tax peeps,they confused me and this address with a chap in yorkshire who is claiming benifits, i never have, and they for what ever reason cant undo what they have done,my meeting is to claim back the excess 10% tax ive paid thus far it runs in to thousands.its better in my bank than the governments, ive all the paper work ,and my weekly invoices as my tax is stopped at source,the ammount they havestopped is easy to work out.

Comment

Poor you! What a bl**ping mess!

Comment

i'm sort of well ahead with the tax - working on next years accounts at the mo
                            i've got my self assessment figures for this year - just got to fill in the dreaded forms ......
                            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

My husband is downstairs right now, piles of papers all over the sofa doing our tax return. He's been promising for weeks and has left it to the last minute as usual. Luckily we've never suffered incompentence at the hands of the IR, I do pity those who have. That sort of thing really stresses me out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X