No announcement yet.

First Jack, now Gene - again :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah..... I think I liked it. Certainly brought back memories of the 80's. Did we really dress like that? But will it be as good as Life on Mars, that is the question
    All at once I hear your voice
    And time just slips away
    Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Bolinger Knickers..........classic
      "My Pink Half Of The Drainpipe Seperates Me From You"

Comment

I was a bit disappointed - I sort of felt that it was LoM all over again, just set in a different time frame. But the police canteen humour and one liners were great, not sure I think we used to use an Italian restaurant at the back of Holborn nick which was just like that one in last night's episode.

I'll watch next week to see whether I like it better or not. But, Keeley Hawes is much nicer looking than John Sims so hey ho .............
        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
          Bolinger Knickers..........classic
          oh wasn't it

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
          But, Keeley Hawes is much nicer looking than John Sims so hey ho .............
          oh so not - but agree with the rest of your views on it
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
            I loved LoM but I missed the last few episodes (don't know why), so don't know what happened at the end. I keep looking for a repeat on digital but haven't found it yet.
            They repeated the last episode of LoM on BBC4 after AtA. So NOW I know what happened or rather .

Janie
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

Loved ashes to ashes......more great one liners from gene hunt and now love interest for him. Something to look forward to on Thursday nights now!

Comment

Did enjoy Ashes to Ashes, but as I hadn't seen all of series 2 LoM I was a bit puzzled at first. Reckon next episode will be better as we all know who's who now.
                Still trying to puzzle out what it is I find strangely sexy about Gene Hunt though...I must like macho men!
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Ashes to ashes did not live up to expectations . Life on mars was so good but i think (hope) it will get better

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post

I'll watch next week to see whether I like it better or not. But, Keeley Hawes is much nicer looking than John Sims so hey ho .............
                    Like Piskie I can't agree on your last point Tony, even O.H., who is definitely a stockings fan, didn't seem to impressed with Keeley, he kept saying why wasn't Gene in it more. I think they need more of Gene Hunt, he carried the first series & it's his interaction with everyone else which made that so successful. By the way O.H. was a policeman when I met him in the 70s so L.O.M. was very nostalgic for him too although he was only a 'plod' & said C.I.D. never used to speak to them, he was invalided out just before his probation ended though due to injuring his back so I was able to rescue him from becoming a total male chauvinist like Gene!
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

not sure about it yet, but the music took me back and did we really dress that badly yes probably, like others am gonna see if it grows on me
                      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                        By the way O.H. was a policeman when I met him in the 70s so L.O.M. was very nostalgic for him too although he was only a 'plod' & said C.I.D. never used to speak to them
                        Speak to the woodentops, goodness me what did they expect ..........
                        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

good start to ashes to ashes but not as good as life on mars yet as it's only a week old , i love the 80's as i was a teen myself then so i remember most of the things they showed.

What will the next step be GENE HUNT in the pc 90's
                          ---) CARL (----
                          ILFRACOMBE
                          NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X