March Magazine Question.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Magazine Question.

I saw in my local Tesco's today that this months GYO magazine comes with another free magazine, think it was Great British Food, It appears to be a Tescos only offer.

Now, why as a subscriber don't I get this free magazine..?

Is there no reward for loyalty..?

Why subscribe at all..?
    Last edited by seasprout; 07-02-2008, 07:16 PM.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Hi Seasprout

I don't know these things for certain, but I always presuned those offers were run off Tescos own backs and their losses, rather than a GYO (or other mag) promotion?
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

The free magazine is a 2007 edition and everything seems to be referring to Christmas

Comment

I bought G.Y.O. from Tesco last night & got the free magazine, it's one they were selling off in W.H.Smith's recently at half price so there must have been a lot them going spare, it is a bit out of date but has some nice recipes & articles in it. I think as Shortie says you sometimes get special packs in Tesco or W.H.Smith with freebies that aren't in other stores or subscription issues that are special store promotions which they've paid for. I always look around before I buy the new issues but it must be annoying if you subscribe, however as a subscriber you do sometimes get special offers, competitions & advice that aren't available in the shops so it can work both ways.
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Ahh...

I know GYO are planning to do more just for subscribers, but I was annoyed that the mag in Tesco's appeared better value, however it appears appearances where deceptive in this case.

I dint know Tesco's could make up special packs like that, i know sometimes you get Whsmith only special editions but they are a 'Newsagent' but I forgot Tesco's was not really just a supermarket anymore.

Comment

Tesco's are now the biggest mag retailer in the country - as if they didn't have their fingers in enough pies!!

Jeannine (GYO group editor) is looking into this and will get back to you here. I agree that subscribers should get the best deal - the new 'subs club' is part of the plan to reward this loyalty.
            Resistance is fertile

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Wagland View Post
              Tesco's are now the biggest mag retailer in the country - as if they didn't have their fingers in enough pies!!
              They appear to be the biggest everything now.

Originally posted by Paul Wagland View Post
              Jeannine (GYO group editor) is looking into this and will get back to you here.
              Should I assume you guys dint know about this offer..? Or am I misinterpreting that reply..?

Comment

Sometimes the big newsagents and supermarkets organise 'store exclusives' that are only available in that particular store for a limited period, but any covermount that is widely available is sent to subscribers automatically, so subscribers should always get the best deal overall.
                Also, as Paul says the new 'subs club' newsletter is designed to give exclusive benefits to loyal readers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X