Hello I'am a Newbie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello I'am a Newbie

Just come across your Website, and thought I would join, as you all seem so friendly and helpful.
    I tend to grow mostly veggies, and some flowering plants too. We have our own veggie patch. nothing much in it at the moment, it's been like a paddy field. We still have some leeks and parsnips.
    We also keep chickens, Rhode Islands. Originally from a Battery Farm, although luckily they were only in there for a week or so. We brought them at 4mts old (6 of them) 3 yrs ago, and now down to 3. We still have 1 egg now and again, but they are our pets and would'nt think of culling them. They come and sit on my lap. I know I'am a softie.
    Hope to get another half a dozen in the Springtime.

Chickens are calling, they want their breakfast. LOL.

Callie
    Last edited by Callie; 09-02-2008, 05:35 AM.

Hi Callie and welcome to the vine.

It helps with questions etc if we know where in the country you live, you dont have to be too specific but it does make a difference.

Ommlettes are on you then with all those chooks.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Callie. Looking forward to reading more about your veggies and chooks.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Hello Callie & welcome to the vine!
        As you may have seen this site is not just about gardening.
        The Sunday night chat can be fun so why not join in(it's better than telly)
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Hi Callie, welcome. Can you post some pics of your pet chooks? They can be my virtual pets then I'm not allowed chickens. Yet.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi Callie, welcome to the vine
            enjoy the joy of growing veggies.
            Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

Hi Callie - a warm welcome from a gorgeous sunny Benson today
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Hi and welcome. I've just got a garden plot to grow in too. However, apart from main crop carrots and spuds (no room!) I can grow most of the things I need. Oh, and I run out of onions before I run out of onion recipes too - another space issue. Have loads of fun, hope to hear more from you.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

oh a 'newbie' Welcome Callie,
                  lovely people in here!
                  I know you will enjoy your stay :-)

Comment

Hello Callie, Welcome to the site.

Comment

Hello and welcome Callie - and good luck with your growing this year!
                      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Welcome aboard Callie, good luck with your endeavours, and be sure to keep us posted.

Enjoy.
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hello ...and welcome to the Vine!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

'Morning Callie, there's a thread started about spring being in the air, it's a lovely morning here in North Wales. Just about to get the lawn mower out to see if it still works. The aching backs and calloused hands arn't far away now Welcome to the forum.
                            I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Hi Callie & welcome, lovely to hear about your chickens are your new ones going to be 'rescued' ones too? I grow veg. in the garden too, wish we had room for chickens but it's far too tiny & I don't think the neighbours/ our cat would approve!
                              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X