No announcement yet.

Hello I'am a Newbie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the 'Vine Callie We'd love to have a few chickens, but our lottie doesn't allow them & neither will our landlord! Hope your ground dries out soon, think we've all been in the same boat with the wet winter we've had so far Roll on Spring

Comment

welcome from me too glad youve decided to join the madhouse know as the vine
      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Welcome Callie. Quite a few of us keep chooks on here so you are in good company both gardening and chook wise
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Oh Hi Callie! Trousers and I were new on this site about a year ago or so, and I can honestly say (thanks to Pigletwillie for steering us here from another) that we have had SUCH good fun here since, and have learnt 'oh so much' from these 'Grapes' on The Vine.

We're all here to help each other, if we can, and along the way, lots of giggles.
          It's a wonderful forum, and very friendly, which is what we especially like about it - the people who make it fun. I hope you enjoy it too.

Comment

Hello Callie, welcome t'vine, it's lovely to meet you!
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Welcome Callie, sounds like you're going to fit in around here!

Me and my girlfriend (Jeannine, also posts regularly) have only had our two rescued hens since Boxing Day, but the boldest one (named Delicious) is already wonderfully friendly. When she's not trying to eat my shoelaces, that is.
              Resistance is fertile

Comment

Originally posted by Callie View Post
                Just come across your Website, and thought I would join, as you all seem so friendly and helpful.
                I tend to grow mostly veggies, and some flowering plants too. We have our own veggie patch. nothing much in it at the moment, it's been like a paddy field. We still have some leeks and parsnips.
                We also keep chickens, Rhode Islands. Originally from a Battery Farm, although luckily they were only in there for a week or so. We brought them at 4mts old (6 of them) 3 yrs ago, and now down to 3. We still have 1 egg now and again, but they are our pets and would'nt think of culling them. They come and sit on my lap. I know I'am a softie.
                Hope to get another half a dozen in the Springtime.

Chickens are calling, they want their breakfast. LOL.

Callie
                Hi Callie,

Welcome to the vine. It's amazing the amount of folk who think we're friendly
                Last edited by nick the grief; 08-02-2008, 09:00 PM.
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

Hi Callie, welcome to the vine!
                  “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.”

Comment

Bienvenue a la vigne, Callie. We've got 2 Sussex lights who are currently weeding the veg patch and still laying eggs. Infact, spent 1/2 the day digging in chicken wire along the privet hedge to stop them scratching up the neighbours too!

Comment

Well what a warm welcome. Thank you to everyone that's posted.

I don't get on the computer very often, mostly early mornings. I wish I had found this site earlier though. Picking up lots of good tips, and hopefully giving some of mine too.

My Partner and Me are still getting over of the loss of our Black Lab Katie, from last October. She had such a lovely nature, we couldn't fault her. She was a good age 14, and we miss her dreadfully, but hope in the near future to give a Rescue dog a home.

Callie

Comment

Forgot to ask, if I want to post a picture of my chickens, how do I go about it? as Two Sheds was asking?

Comment

Press 'go advanced' then scroll down and press 'manage attachments' browse your photo file and open photo. Voila!...sometimes files too big for the site and you need to reduce size. if you don't have software you can download a resizer here.http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resizer
                          Last edited by Paulottie; 09-02-2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Here are pictures of my Chickens, taken last year

Thanks Paulottie for your help. I got there in the end. I've never posted a photo before.

Chickens001.jpg
                            Attached Files

Comment

And jolly happy chooks they look to be in the great outdoors. Perhaps you might buy some eggs for them to hatch or borrow a cockerel?. Well done to you for uploading photo.

Comment

We will be getting point of lay this time. Not sure what breed though. My Partner knows quite a few contacts.
                                I have never breed them myself, might do in the future,and we don't have a Cockerell, we have to keep our neighbours happy. LOL
                                Willl be making another Chicken Coop soon, and fencing a part off, as I know we have to keep the new lot of chickens seperate for a while to stop bullying.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X