De ja vu

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De ja vu

It seems only a few weeks ago but last year we had a dryish warm February, a reasonable March and a stormingly good April. The rest of the year turned to......

This year we are having a dryish warm February.........................

I just hope its not de ja vu

I am with you 100% on that Piglet, and just in case, I am going to plant some spuds!! (Don't panic, they are in buckets and can get put in the greenhouse if it turns cold again)
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Hmm, as long as the summer is better than last year, then I dont mind it being nice now! I'm on hols the week after next, so want some nice weather to get the digging done ready for sowing!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Yep, was just thinking that...my first year growing potatoes, so i hope it isn't just one big disaster!
        Vegmonkey and the Mrs. - vegetable gardening in a small space in Cheltenham at www.vegmonkey.co.uk

Comment

I already have fixed up extra water-butts in case this year is similar, March into April last year i was re-filling my butts with the hose a little too often.
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

It was stunningly lovely today - tee shirt weather. I just hope that wasn't our summer
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I spent the early part of last year rushing around trying to make the garden beautiful for having friends over later in the year only to discover a miserable summer. This year I am going to have a BBQ when ever it is warm and invite friends over regardless if it is February or March.

SIEZE the moment.....

Comment

hope youre completely wrong david in the nicest possible way
                The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Hmmmm, I was thinking that myself earlier... And I've decided to sow some tomatoes this week so, if we get a brilliant April, they'll be ready to take advantage of it!

Comment

I don't think my credit card could take another summer like last year! I have to have sunshine....I'd have to go on lots of holidays.
                    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 10-02-2008, 06:20 PM.
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

PW
                      My thoughts exactly, had a wonderful weekend of really warm weather but it is only February but it felt more like April today. The only other guage I have is waterbutts and I'm about one half behind last year at the moment.
                      Sue

Comment

Early spring last year was good, but around May it turned to ra***it!! My squashes did absolutely nothing, neither did my tomatoes. Keeping my fingers crossed for this year, and making more use of cloches.

Comment

Hmmmm, depressing thought..... At least we may all have a few contingency plans after last year - I'm with you on the cloches Rustylady!
                          All at once I hear your voice
                          And time just slips away
                          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
                            hope youre completely wrong david in the nicest possible way
                            Oh boy so do I, the worst bit about last year was that the weather broke the day we went on holiday. Everything was set up to water and keep nicely damp but instead we were deluged and everything was drown. I had to resow beans, corn and curcubits on my return.

We are going a bit later this year (June) so hopefully everything will be nicely planted out and settled in before we go.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                              It seems only a few weeks ago but last year we had a dryish warm February, a reasonable March and a stormingly good April. The rest of the year turned to......

This year we are having a dryish warm February.........................

I just hope its not de ja vu
                              Can you not get GYO to finance a fact finding misiion to France in the Summer Piglet?
                              I would think about 3 month would be enough to ascertain different gardening techniques across the water?
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X