Francophile moment!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francophile moment!

Just discovered TV5 are showing their version of 'Treasure Hunt' - don't understand a word, but there's some lovely scenery!

Sky ch.799 'La carte aux tresors' They're in Ille et Villeine between St Malo and Rennes.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Have sometimes watched that......i just wish theyd stick to the scenery rather than finding the pesky treasure ....its a bit Anneka Rice for me.....
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

THATS WHERE I LIVE. Did you see me?
      Oh no you wouldnt have, I'm not there. When we first moved across we only had French TV as I was mean and nasty to the kids and wanted them to learn French fast.
      We often used to watch "La carte aux tresors" and follow it on the maps.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

ahhh... if you were French, you would have known : FORT BOYARD !!
        an old prison in the middle of the ocean with plenty of trap and challenges to get the precious keys...basically you are trapped into a room and you have to win the challenge to get the key to go out ...SUSPENSE, GET THE KEY!! GET THE KEY!!
        my god what wonderful memories!

Comment

Whilst I love the sea (in fact, its the only thing I miss since leaving England) the scenery in Fort Boyard was a bit limited.
          I got homesick reading about le treasurehunt probably flying near my house.
          Still, will be home soon
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I wondered whether it was near you bobleponge, after seeing where you'd put your 'pin' in the Grapes map! It looked very pretty around there - there seemed to be a big canal with lots of locks - reminded me of near us, Caen Hill Locks (Devizes).

There's a 'carte aux tresors' on tonight @ 22:35 - 00:15 (might be a repeat of boble's episode!?)

I meant to say last night we watched French rugby on Eurosport 2 - they often show it on or about Thurs/Fri/Sat evening, depending on what other rugby is being played it seems. Montpelier lost to Biarritz last night.

I take it you've relented and allowed the kids satellite tv now bobleponge?
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I held out for as long as possible, (and in my defence by the time the kids started school they did have a grasp of most of the swear words) but finally relented as I missed watching English rugby and footy.
              I would imagine it would have been the Nantes Brest canal they went over. its a long wide old canal, fantastic for walking along with the dogs. I do actually live just a touch south of Rennes so was hamming up for the cameras a little bit, but not too far from where they were at all, and still in the same departement.
              God I am welling up here with homesickness.
              Living in the north we dont really have club rugby here, its all in the south, but during the recent world cup we went down to Nantes and watched England Samoa and the following week saw Wales Fiji. Great experience.
              And whilst I'm not sure about this, I reckon for the 4 of us living in UK to go and watch a world cup group match would have been prohibitively expensive. The whole day, including lots of beer, cost less than a hundred pounds.
              Bob Leponge

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X