Green Leap Day.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Leap Day.

What are you going to do to make a difference...?

On 29th Feb the National Trust has told its 4,800 staff and 49,000 volunteers to stay at home for this year’s leap day.

They are being asked to carry out green improvements to their homes and gardens, reporting back on what they achieve.

National Trust | The Great Green Leap Day

So boys and girls 1 day to do a little something green, whats it going to be..?

I might plant a tree, put up another nest box, fit those low energy light bulbs that have been lying around, join a wildlife group. The possibilities are endless.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

It seems an excellent idea, and lots of people will be doing green things.

Lots of people, even on their own, can make a difference.

Shall get the OH to turn the compost heaps - there's a lot to sweat over there!
    Last edited by pigletwillie; 14-02-2008, 08:50 PM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Coupled with a day off too. Bang on.

A lot can be undertaken at home with that day off, even if it is just changing lamps to energy efficient ones or building a compost heap.
      Last edited by pigletwillie; 14-02-2008, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Building a compost heap is one of the activities 'suggested'. Oh, as is planting seeds.
        Last edited by smallblueplanet; 15-02-2008, 08:21 AM.

Comment

How about turning the heating down and staying snuggled under the duvet for an extra hour.

Its Green.......ish

Comment

...or all day piglet....?...

Sounds good to me- will think of something special to do- PLEASE remind me nearer the time though!

Thanks for the nudge seasprout!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Oh pants I'm at work

What can I do in the few hours I'll be at home? We've already got energy efficient bulbs everywhere and you have to *find* the loft floor... I'll be home too late for a stint on the lottie too...
              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

So anyone 'Green Leaping' today?

Comment

Nope, got a poorly pickle, so kept her home from school and spent the day so far trying to beat the tummy bug.
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                    So anyone 'Green Leaping' today?
                    I've sowed some seeds... That's about it really - it's blowing a gale & peeing down so can't do anything outside, or turn the heating down
                    Oh, I turned off my daughter's TV that she'd left blaring away to nobody - does that count?!

Comment

I walked to the post office in the rain, about a mile or so each way , to collect a parcel that they'd tried to deliver yeaterday, got back home to find they'd missed me again with another delivery so walked all the way back again- in the rain. I was quite pleased though because the first was a bird feeding kit & the second one was the free tayberry from G.Y.O. & my 'green' thing would have been planting it but that'll have to wait as I'm not going out there again to get wet!
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Sowed my 'Red Cheese' sweet peppers from SBP - ta chuck! That's a few less food miles coming up. Also dibbed out some of my Rose de Roscoff onions (Ta PW) into modules. That's green I suppose. Also started a new jumper (finished knitting the last yesterday) so that's got to be green, I can turn the heat down. It's off today although it's blowing a rough one outside.
                        Not proposed to anyone yet though. Mr F might be a bit miffed!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                          Not proposed to anyone yet though. Mr F might be a bit miffed!
                          Gulp - I'd forgotten about that tradition....

We walked to work today, I've planted some shallots and I shall thoroughly rebuke our lodger who puts out two bin bags (all his own rubbish) every single week, and doesn't recycle a thing. I think things change or the rent goes up!
                          Resistance is fertile

Comment

Where's Jeannine Paul?
                            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

She can ask - I wouldn't mind
                              Resistance is fertile

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X