No announcement yet.

Green Leap Day.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I've lit the open fire, but I'm not turning the heating down, sorry thats a Green Leap too far today!
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 29-02-2008, 03:01 PM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I'd missed this thread earlier but I've had quite a 'green' day, I think - walked to the lottie and dug up more brambles and bindweed, walked to B&Q and bought seeds, rhubarb and mini watering can for smallest son, walked to Homebase and bought seeds and flower sticks, came home and ate leftovers for lunch, walked to Tesco and bought lots of 'Christmas' preserves for 10p each, walked to school to collect rest of offspring... will be in pjs and woolly dressing gown with heating turned down by 9pm!

Jeannine get in there!!!
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
        What are you going to do to make a difference...?

On 29th Feb the National Trust has told its 4,800 staff and 49,000 volunteers to stay at home for this year’s leap day.

They are being asked to carry out green improvements to their homes and gardens, reporting back on what they achieve.

National Trust | The Great Green Leap Day

So boys and girls 1 day to do a little something green, whats it going to be..?

I might plant a tree, put up another nest box, fit those low energy light bulbs that have been lying around, join a wildlife group. The possibilities are endless.
        The local Woodcraft Folk group was going to make nestboxes during National Nestbox Week. However, before half term, we went to a National Trust place when it opened for a snowdrop weekend and wandered around. There were some lovely nooks, holes, trees for the birds to nest in. Its silly to chop down a tree, saw it up, make it into a birdbox.
        Lightbulbs - well, the energy saving ones I have were made in China. I also have a couple of ordinary lightbulbs made in Hungary. HDRA did a Supermarket watch on organic foods a few years ago - on one occasion, organic carrots sourced from Egypt whereas non-organic came from Scotland. It seems to me that a number of "green"-branded things aren't all that green.
        My Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
        Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99039017@N00/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X