Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather warning again

to plant out or sow seeds......

Nows the time to get the fleece out and cover them up.

-6 Frosts forecast
    Last edited by pigletwillie; 15-02-2008, 05:36 PM.

Thanks for the warning. I knew something was not right, my hands gone frozen again. Would I be better off holding off any more sowing ? I don't keep my seedlings in the greenhouse at night so no fleece job yet.
    Last edited by veg4681; 15-02-2008, 05:41 PM.
    Food for Free

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
      to plant out or sow seeds......

Nows the time to get the fleece out and cover them up.

-6 Frosts forecast

*smug look on face* I am so disorganised, haven't done anything yet apart from couple of trays of onion seeds on window sill, had planned to do loads so i guess i don't have to worry yet.
      Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
      Bob Dylan

Comment

Is that all, minus 6, huh - guy at J's French class this morning had -10 in his garden just a way south of here and we have -6/8 quite regularly but it does break up the clay.
        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

* rushing out to bring my two figs in pots into hallway. My other half has been moaning all evening about how cold it's going to get tonight but I was to busy on computer to listen, didn't even noticed hubby had turned a funny blue colour when he got back from the shop's. Only took notice when I saw your warning.
          Regards
          Lady Jana Muck

Comment

I'm smug - it's been frost most nights this week, and so the broadies I planted out last weekend have been tucked up under 2 layers of fleece.

Although 'tis a timely reminder, as I must go and pull the front of the mini-greenhouse down to give a bit of extra shelter to the onion, brassica and next batch of broadie seedlings I have in there...

Comment

Chilly or what...

I missed this warning, just checked in green house, lettuce flopped, sweet peas ok, radish..erm.. Carrots in pots could be ok.

Tree I had delivered yesterday.... Still in bucket of water outside.!!!! GULP!
              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I only have things under cloches or mega bubble wrap in my cold greenhouse. Chillies on kitchen windowsill. That's all folks. I always wait till March for the bulk of my sowing. !Twas -9 in my greenhouse btw.
                Last edited by Flummery; 16-02-2008, 08:40 AM.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots
                  Haze hun, did you know (you may already have one) that you can get fleece covers the MGH's?
                  Coo! You're a mine of info - I did not know about the fleece covers. My Plan is to only put things in the MGH that are pretty hardy (brassicas, onions, broadies) just to steal me an extra couple of weeks - as Flum says, nothing fragile till March.

I'm also drawing on my experience (haha!) - last year I'd sown Broad Beans, Carrots, Radish, Peas, Jerusalem Artichokes outside at the Hill by this date, although admittedly the carrots and radish came to nought.

BTW last weekend last year, we had a wonderful covering of snow, tho' I don't recall it being this cold...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Weather warning again

The weather here in the Midlands is forecast for -5c tonight so its out with the fleece and thermals!!
                    Regards
                    Lady Jana Muck

Comment

I've got -6c tonight and -4c tomorrow....think i'm going to hibernate!
                      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
                      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

The brass monkeys will be singing soprano...................again
                        Last edited by bubblewrap; 16-02-2008, 06:24 PM.
                        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

I didn't know where to post it on this site as there isn't a 'bargains' section, but last week home bargains had 25' x 5' packs of fleece for 99p. Very good quality as well.

valmarg

Comment

Originally posted by valmarg View Post
                            I didn't know where to post it on this site as there isn't a 'bargains' section, but last week home bargains had 25' x 5' packs of fleece for 99p. Very good quality as well.

valmarg
                            I think there is a tip's and recommendations site.

But thanks for that. I think sales of fleece with shoot up this week.

Very frost here, tree is planted now, seedlings covered with fleece and all toastie.
                            Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Glorious here this morning. We've had 4 VERY frosty nights out of 6 recently. Just admire the beauty and sit on your seeds! It means we are gettting bright, sunny days and they're worth a lot for those who get depressed in the dark weather.
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X