X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you reading at moment?

they don't have to about plants

I have three books on the go;

How to plant your allotment by Caroline Foley.

Chaos: Making A New Science by James Gleick

The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup
    My plot is on this site!

Empire by Niall Ferguson. Superb, explains how the British Empire changed and shaped the world, for both good and bad. Brilliantly written and unbiased too.
    Best book ever? Endurance by Caroline Alexander. Mans indomnitable spirit over the elements. Its a must.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I'm reading (and have nearly finished) "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey which is about his journey dealing with drug & alcohol addiction. I recently finished Sharon Osbourne's second autobiography and also "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: Our Year of Seasonal Eating" by Barbara Kingsolver. I already have my next book lined up ready to go too, "My Life on a Hillside Allotment" by Terry Walton. They do appear to be a bit of a mixed bag however i love reading about people & their lives and find it ever so interesting.
      Last edited by Newbie; 22-02-2008, 11:19 AM.
      Jane,
      keen but (slightly less) clueless
      http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Stephen King - From a Buick 8. It's a bit slow.

Looking forward to reading the other David Mitchell books (having read Cloud Atlas).
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Absolutely gripping.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Stand and Deliver - Adam Ant biography. Born the same year as me - could be a giveaway?! Evokes many memories of the times 'we' grew up in - only a short way into it - but already many laugh-out-loud moments and even accents well written to describe regional dialect and drunkeness! I'm also interested to read how he coped with his mental breakdown and the recovery process as my own son has problems in that area.

Soon to start - The Darkest Evening of the Year - Dean Koontz - probably my favourite writer of thriller, terror, atmosphere and edge of the seat words. I find that sometimes his descriptions are so well-written that you can even 'smell' the characters - usually the bad guys!

Have loads of hardcovers which I like to keep and even my son has started to read Koontz starting with the rewrite of Demon Seed and is halfway through Ticktock. Quite a large collection of Sci-Fi - mainly Star Trek, biographies and a few historical novels such as the Ramses series by Christian Jacq. Quite an eclectic bunch.

Comment

mostly I am reading this forum

Comment

Currently reading "The Flood" by Maggie Gee, a bit slow and won't go on my list of memorable books; "Grow Your Own Veg" by Carol Klein, good as far as it goes, nothing on growing horseradish; "B&B Knowhow" by Amy Willcox, I want to use my house to run a B&B. I'm still looking for a book that doesn't expect me to have 3 large double rooms and be a guesthouse.

I usually read 2/3 books a week, but lately my choices at the library have been a bit slow to get in to .
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

i am reading : The Girls about the twins joined at the head called Rose and Ruby Darlen,
                  It is a fantastic book. but sad aswell
                  Treat every day as a new challenge... love it, learn from it and most off all enjoy it!

Comment

I'm having a lean period - there seems to be nothing in my library that interests me. The best of this year has been Noah's Ark by Barbara Trapido, but then I couldn't get into Brother of the More Famous Jack, her first one.
                    I switched tack onto some thrillers by Lisa Gardner (not brilliant, but I need a pageturner on cold nights).
                    I've just ordered a few online from my local library: Shatter, Confessions of an Eco Sinner, and Power Sewing. (I read a lot!)
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

D'you know, I had to look in my bag to check the title, how bad is that!! Anyhoo, its called Just One Look by Harlan Coben - simple reading for work lunchtimes!

At home I have The Pillars of Hercules by Paul Theroux and I'm considering starting again with the Dune series, since it's been many years since I last dipped in!
                      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I am reading This year it will be different by Maeve Binchy - son bought it for me for christmas but I'm reading it as well as gardening and chicken books and text books for uni

Comment

on a serious note, My lunchtime read at work is
                          Dark Eagles- Curtis Peebles
                          A history of top secret U.S. aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                            mostly I am reading this forum
                            Hehehe Headfry, me too.

But, my library copy of How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis has been requested by someone else, so I am hurrying to finish it by 28th of this month.

Will it work? It's a very interesting read about Dennis' life in magazine publishing (my line of work). Maybe some of it will rub off!
                            All at once I hear your voice
                            And time just slips away
                            Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Im reading the second book in the trilogy of the Northern Lights Books (a.k.a the Golden compass). Im not big on fantasy - the first one was a good read though, second one is a bit slower though.

Other than that working through different cookery books trying out curries at the moment using a book "Indian food Made easy".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X