X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A win in Stade de France.

How satisfying was that match?

Especially that last try.
    Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
    Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
    I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Oh yes indeedy Pierre. Was it me or was the French scrum going a bit "Aussie".

Its an open race now to who wins the championship, Scotland and Italy excepted. But at least they can scrap over the dreaded wooden spoon.

Comment

I am rather surprised to note that the several self-congratulatory text messages I sent to my friends and neighbours at the final whistle appear to have remained unanswered.
      Most odd!!
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

We woz robbed!!!
        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF
          We woz robbed!!!
          Lovely fireworks though Tony.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

What a great game of rugger tho! and I had the satisfaction being able to gloat as my French wife and sister in law were here. I happened to remember a rugby bath-time version of the Marseillaise that which fitted the moment nicely!

Comment

Ou est le papier?
              Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
              Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
              I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
                We woz robbed!!!
                'Fraid not, just outplayed by a team that wanted it more and actually managed to prove they can play both halves of a game.

Wigglesworth and Wilko were a superb team pair of half backs, looking like they had been playing together for ages rather than his first game.

Andrew Sheridan once again proved he is in contention for the best 'loosehead prop in the world at the moment' title.

Mark Regan was substituted 10 minutes too late in my opinion.

Ian Balshaw is lucky to be playing, since IMO Josh Lewsey is having some blinders for wasps at the moment and should be at full back.
                Veni, Vidi, Velcro.
                I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Comment

I didnt want to get into a rugby debate however, you started it Doctor.
                  Balshaw is NOT a world class, or even a national standard full back, he couldnt catch a cold, Lewsey possibly.
                  Sackey is quick but absolutely nothing else, he cant defend, and is tacticaly naive. Vianokolo(??) looks what he is, a good league player who doesnt really have the explosive pace required in his position at this level.
                  Wilkinson is class, reads the game well and his kicking goes without saying, both dead ball and out of hand. Wigglesworth didnt do too much wrong, but its easy to play behind a dominant pack, which Gommersall didnt have in the second halves of the first 2 matches.
                  It was more of a team effort than an individual game, with the pack totally dominant, although this was possibly to be expected with a young French team, and Lievremont determined to tinker his way through the championship.
                  The difference in this match compared to the last 2 was we played the full game.
                  None of that withstanding, I arrive home tomorrow and shall be straight round to friends with a bottle of bubbly to celebrate/commiserate (delete as necessary)
                  Allez les blancs.
                  Bob Leponge
                  Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                    'Fraid not, just outplayed by a team that wanted it more and actually managed to prove they can play both halves of a game.

Wigglesworth and Wilko were a superb team pair of half backs, looking like they had been playing together for ages rather than his first game.

Andrew Sheridan once again proved he is in contention for the best 'loosehead prop in the world at the moment' title.

Mark Regan was substituted 10 minutes too late in my opinion.

Ian Balshaw is lucky to be playing, since IMO Josh Lewsey is having some blinders for wasps at the moment and should be at full back.
                    The Doc for Coach ... The Doc for Coach .... The Doc for Coach
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                      I didnt want to get into a rugby debate however, you started it Doctor.
                      Balshaw is NOT a world class, or even a national standard full back, he couldnt catch a cold, Lewsey possibly.
                      Sackey is quick but absolutely nothing else, he cant defend, and is tacticaly naive. Vianokolo(??) looks what he is, a good league player who doesnt really have the explosive pace required in his position at this level.
                      Wilkinson is class, reads the game well and his kicking goes without saying, both dead ball and out of hand. Wigglesworth didnt do too much wrong, but its easy to play behind a dominant pack, which Gommersall didnt have in the second halves of the first 2 matches.
                      It was more of a team effort than an individual game, with the pack totally dominant, although this was possibly to be expected with a young French team, and Lievremont determined to tinker his way through the championship.
                      The difference in this match compared to the last 2 was we played the full game.
                      None of that withstanding, I arrive home tomorrow and shall be straight round to friends with a bottle of bubbly to celebrate/commiserate (delete as necessary)
                      Allez les blancs.
                      Hardly a debate, since you basically seem to agree with me! However, I did wonder how long it would take for the 'young french team' excuse to come out! No one complained about that 'young french team' winning the last two games!

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                      The Doc for Coach ... The Doc for Coach .... The Doc for Coach
                      Thanks, lass, but in all fairness, I did predict before the match to some of my students that if things didn't change we would loose by 10.

I'm not a huge fan of Brian Ashton, but I don't think he's doing too badly given the ludicrous decision to only give him a year's contract!

We're still on course for my prediction in PGW's thread of an Ireland v England decider on the last day.
                      Veni, Vidi, Velcro.
                      I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X