No announcement yet.

Hands up those who have already planting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have peppers, tomatoes, aubergines, leek, lettuce, broad beans, cabbage, brussels, some herbs - testing ut the new propagator.....most ok though the cabbages are getting leggy, not sure why, to warm maybe?

Comment

Not starting my toms off till mid March. Not worth it - no heating in the greenhosue and they'll either get leggy or frosted. I have sown a few chillies and sweet peppers and my onions from seed are just beginning to stand up. I've done the sowing too early thing before. Even if you get away with it your plants aren't as strong as those sown when the days are longer and lighter. (And the frost less likely)
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I'm with aunty Flum, havnt planted anything yet, too early, 3 or 4 weeks yet I think.
        Last edited by yoanbob; 25-02-2008, 09:46 AM. Reason: oops
        Yo an' Bob
        Walk lightly on the earth
        take only what you need
        give all you can
        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Yep got my tomatoes going on Friday (22nd Feb). Good day according to moon gardening.
          http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Itchy fingered Mr D has planted some toms, peppers, chillies and cucumber in the heated propogator, we've some onion from seeds just beginning to stand up, some cabbage in the greenhouse in pots, have garlic and onion sets overwintering on plot 1, and will be planting out the chitted first earlies and some more onion sets today. Most of the rest of the seeds will be planted over the next month or two in pots in the greenhouse. The rest of the spuds will be going in at easter! Still very early to be sowing, but we got away with it last year and had good crops despite the poor growing season!
            Blessings
            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
            Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
            Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
            On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Just repaired propogator so might sow something next week plenty of time yet until the equinox 20 march thats when spring begins we hope jacob
              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I've not started any seeds off yet either Flummery, I don't want to have too many plants fighting it out on my window sills until it gets a bit sunnier.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I've not planted anything either, started early last year and ended up with no where to put all the seedlings (no greenhouse). I also found the seeds sown later produced much better plants.

Comment

Tell a lie! (Well, not really 'cos I did it yesterday) I have just sown some flowering hardy annuals in modules. I know you are supposed to scatter them direct but I've chucked so many seeds in the earth and never seen them again that I now module sow them. They are, however, considerable tougher than for example, tomatoes and french beans!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I was intending to build my midi (bit bigger than mini, but still nowhere near full size) greenhouse this weekend, but the forecast is looking ominous. I've got garlic and onions in the ground. Some of the same in the mini greenhouse, potatoes chitting in the kitchen and I planted some basil, asparagus, tomato and chilli seeds in my propagator in the shed. Toms and basil are just showing through but still no sign of the others.

Ooh, I've also got rhubarb in the ground - planted a few weeks ago, but there's no sign of them either.

There are also two peas "shoots" left in the ground (the rest have seemingly been eaten by mices).

More than I thought going on.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I bunged a load of garlic in the ground on my lottie about ten days ago but no sign of life as yet - I thought they liked the cold?!?!

Broadies goign well in their little pots, along with a couple of chillis, but thats it for me for now - someone ask the sunshine to come out to play?!
                        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by moggssue View Post
                          I bunged a load of garlic in the ground on my lottie about ten days ago but no sign of life as yet - I thought they liked the cold?!?!

Broadies goign well in their little pots, along with a couple of chillis, but thats it for me for now - someone ask the sunshine to come out to play?!
                          Sun shining here today...
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I have garlic, onions, peas and broad bens overwintering on the plot.

Sowed peas direct into the ground 10 days ago.

Sowed tomatoes, brocolli and courgettes about 3 weeks ago (I think) and the first true leaves are through on all that germinated of those. Also sowed leeks that day and they are growing too.

I sowed more tomatoes, brocolli, courgettes and some lettuce and beetroot last weekend.

I must get sowing properly next weekend though - more peas, some beans, more toms, some peppers (sweet and chilli), more lettuce, spinach, spring onions, cabbages, cauliflowers, more brocolli, brussels sprouts.....lots of plans for a busy weekend!!

Don't have a greenhouse here, just a kitchen windowsill - but may have either a mini-greenhouse or a cloche (or even both!!) after Thursday specials in Lidl!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X