Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fill your days when retired... ;)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that link Bubblewrap - "and you haven't got a number plate either." Brilliant.
    Resistance is fertile

Comment

No - not youtube

I am working from home today [much as most other days] and can't spend all day watching you tube...must do work...must do work...

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
        Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by bus.
        ROFLMAO - love it

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
        When I retire I will carry on doing all the things that I enjoy doing - with the exception of work.
        at'a'girl
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Can I retire tomorrow? Can I can I can I, please please ......
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Oh I have sooo many plans for retirement (only another 31 years to go!). Actually just realised less than 31 years - I passed my start date 2 weeks ago so 30 years and 50 weeks!!

Comment

I was forced to retire last August. I do the odd temping job, the money's useful but resent sitting in an office all day. When I'm not temping, I still don't have enough hours in the day for all I want to do .

I would like a little part-time job. I don't mind minimum wage as every little helps, but would like to do something I actually WANT to do, rather than something someone else thinks I CAN do. I don't want to do unpaid volunteer stuff, I do that at home .

I really don't know how I managed all those years working full-time, shopping, housework, cooking, gardening, bringing up a family (no help from hubby).
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                Well I can report that after 18 months of retirement I still can't fit it all in. People who have trouble with retirement are those who have nothing but work in their lives, or feel that their status in life is connected with their job. They tend to fold up completely. Gardeners, on the other hand ...!
                Tend to agree with you here Flum .
                While nowhere near retiring age yet I have lost count of the number of people who I knew who retired and as they had no intrests outside work had nothing to do .They sat about worrying about what they were going to do now that they had no work to go to and some didn't make it to thier next birthday.
                One of my previous bosses had the same problem , he had totally immersed himself in his work for 45 years and when he sold up and retired he was at a loss as what to do with himself.He hadn't taken a holiday in 20 years.
                Needless to say I marched him down to the local fishing tackle shop and got him kitted out with some fishing gear - expensive enough to give him an intrest but not that expensive that if he didnt like it I could buy it off him.
                That was 5 years ago and last year he bought me a fishing rod and reel that was way more expensive than I could ever afford ,the reason -" son I'd be dead if you hadn't given me something to do."
                There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X