Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could we have a nature forum and an intros forum?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you can be bought then eh Paul
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

I can confirm that an introductions board has been agreed with GYO and should be appearing very soon.

As regards a "nature" board, this has been requested and discussed a number of times before. It has always been felt that there was not a great demand and posts could be accommodated within other Boards. We have to get the balance right in terms of the numbers of Boards that grapes can post on otherwise it gets very confusing (and more work for us in moving stuff around!).

If there is an OVERWHELMING desire for a nature board we could perhaps consider it again and perhaps include wildlife and ponds.

So let us know what you think.
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Every man has a price Piskie. And I pride myself on being affordable

J says she'll talk to the web boys when she gets back to the office - so we'll just have to see how busy Ben and Dave are...
        Last edited by Paul Wagland; 28-02-2008, 12:59 PM.
        Resistance is fertile

Comment

Why not put a Nature thread in when making the changes for an intro forum are done? TBH how interesting is an intro board, lots of posters saying 'hello' over and over again! We are pretty friendly anyway on this forum.

As you say its been asked before and never appeared, people get fed up of asking.....but surely this thread gives you a hint, if you check the replies on this thread you'll see there's none for 'intro's' and all for 'nature'!
          Last edited by smallblueplanet; 28-02-2008, 01:02 PM.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I fully take the points about having too many threads, but I do think encouraging beneficial wildlife is central to good fruit and vegetable growing.

The lovely Ben has said he should be able to set up a new wildlife thread by end of play today, and as Manda says, let's make the most of it to share ideas on ways to get our crops pollinated and control pests naturally.

...and to talk about how great it is to hear birdsong on the lottie or the joy of moving a pot and finding a newt underneath!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeannine
              .... but I do think encouraging beneficial wildlife is central to good fruit and vegetable growing.
              Yes I agree, we need a holistic view of growing.

Originally posted by jeannine
              The lovely Ben has said he should be able to set up a new wildlife thread by end of play today....let's make the most of it to share ideas on ways to get our crops pollinated and control pests naturally....and to talk about how great it is to hear birdsong on the lottie or the joy of moving a pot and finding a newt underneath!!!
              Good stuff! On this front jeannine could you kindly ask the Mods if they would move any relevant old threads on 'nature' that are resurrected?
              Last edited by smallblueplanet; 28-02-2008, 01:29 PM.

Comment

that's a great idea, cheers Manda!

Comment

Thankyou!!!!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

- Thank you too!

Comment

Bit late I know, seeing as the powers that be have said yes, but I just thought I'd stick my twopenn'orth in and say yes please!!
                      Live for something or die for nothing

Comment

Great stuff!!! Thanks folks!

Btw (not that it matters now!) but the main reasons I requested an intro forum are a) cos I like to say 'hello' to new peeps and all too often miss them in the melee and b) cos when I first posted here I was a bit hesitant about posting 'this is me and what I'm up to' in the 'wrong' forum. Of course now I know how friendly everyone is I realise it didn't matter but I presume other new folk may be similarly hesitant and perhaps even pass on by.
                        I was feeling part of the scenery
                        I walked right out of the machinery
                        My heart going boom boom boom
                        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                        I've come to take you home."

Comment

I was saying yes to an Intro board too, because I went into New Shoots when I arrived as I didn't know where to post otherwise.

As you say it's a really friendly forum and no one really minds where you say hello but I know I was also hesitant in case I posted in the wrong place.
                          Lumpyjumper

http://lumpyjumpers.blogspot.com

updated blog - 15 Dec 2009

Comment

Well doned Seahorse, and everyone else involved.
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hurray!!!!!!!
                              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Just a thought - our mods are no doubt as busy as the rest of us at this time of year. I'm sure they will move existing threads when they get a mo, but I think it's up to us grapes to get the board nicely populated to start with. Can't see that being a problem though
                                Resistance is fertile

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X