Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could we have a nature forum and an intros forum?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Wagland
    ..... but I think it's up to us grapes to get the board nicely populated to start with. Can't see that being a problem though
    Paul_W, we can talk the hind legs off a donkey, does that make it a nature thread?
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      However, I know I'm in the minority here and I'm guessing that most people will want the extras, am just finding that there is more and more non gardening stuff on here already which I find a shame - please note that I've already said that I know I'm in a minority here so don't shout at me, loads of people enjoy the jokes and daft stories and like to use this forum for general advice, I just don't understand it!
      Its not just you Alison. Whilst all sites have a certain amount of a "social forum" about them we seem to be generating more chat posts than grow your own related ones which is what the forum is supposed to be about. Bebo watch out.

Baa humbug I hear you cry.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie
        .....Whilst all sites have a certain amount of a "social forum" about them we seem to be generating more chat posts than grow your own related ones which is what the forum is supposed to be about. Bebo watch out.
        I'm not sure you can have it both ways - the friendlyness leads to chatiness. So are you saying there's a problem with us chatting, afterall most chatting is in the 'Off Topic' section.

Whats 'Bebo watch out' mean? Oh and Bah! Humbug!

Comment

Through the winter when not so much happens on the plot seems that there is more posting in the general chit chat sections . When the growing season starts you seem to get more activity in the "technical " side of the forum.
          Personally the general chit chat keeps me here and refer to the "technical" side when I need to find an answer to something.
          The two "sides" of the forum work with each other to hold the intrest of the members .
          thats my opinion anyway
          There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Personally - I haven't visited this forum for some time, after getting peeved off 'cos everyone seemed to be chatting about their favourite cars. For what it's worth, I think praps the forum should be better delineated between gardening and non gardening stuff.
            http://www.greenlung.blogspot.com
            http://www.myspace.com/rolandfrompoland

Comment

Originally posted by greenlung
              Personally - I haven't visited this forum for some time, after getting peeved off 'cos everyone seemed to be chatting about their favourite cars. For what it's worth, I think praps the forum should be better delineated between gardening and non gardening stuff.
              Talking of getting peeved off - this forum is very popular, yet you want it to change because you don't like it? Perhaps if the other gardening forums out there aren't what you want either, you should consider changing?

FWIW (and for once ) I agree with Beefy!

Comment

The chit chat is there for that reason, chit chat. There are bits about the forum we would all like to change but as it works and is successful that how it will stay. Obviously it will evolve like all good things.

Unfortunately, unlike you peeps, we have to read it all, not just the bits we want too. We all have different ideals and the forum shows or diversity. Now its getting to growing time the post balance will swing just as Beefy so rightly says. If you dont like the chat, read the gardening posts.

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post

FWIW (and for once ) I agree with Beefy!
                  Ahh schucks
                  There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

I enjoy both aspects of the forum, and there are plenty of us on here now so I would guess it's very rare for someone not to get a good answer (or twelve!) to any on-topic question.

That said I think it's important for the more established members of the community to stay involved in the 'technical' side. I think I'll try and post two on-topic posts for each off-topic one from now on - we'll see how we go!
                    Resistance is fertile

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Wagland
                      .... I think I'll try and post two on-topic posts for each off-topic one from now on - we'll see how we go!
                      Lol! how anal is that? I only mean that nicely Paul, post where you will....

Comment

Originally posted by beefy
                        Ahh schucks
                        Get over it!

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                          Lol! how anal is that?
                          I must confess it's not the first time that's been said about me
                          Resistance is fertile

Comment

I agree that the last two winters have generated quite a bit of non-gardening chat, but as soon as everyone gets going with their sowing and planting, the forum normally explodes with posts gardening related. I can;t think that this year will be any different to any other!
                            ~
                            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

And I meant to say, that yes we Mods do listen to what you grapes are asking for and we had requested an Introductions Board from GYO, it has just taken a little while to set up.

.................(although we may not be able to grant everyone's wish!)
                              ~
                              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                                Unfortunately, unlike you peeps, we have to read it all, not just the bits we want too.
                                A good point, PGW.

Presumably you mod's don't have specific areas that you look after? Maybe you should split the forums and 'look after your own' so to speak. Other forums I belong to do this and it works.

If this means that a couple more mods are needed, maybe some of the more respected members could be approached?
                                Veni, Vidi, Velcro.
                                I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X