You Guys are Brilliant

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Guys are Brilliant

I found Grow Your Own about 3 months ago and it is a brilliant magazine, the only problem is I look forward to it coming out, I buy it and read it from cover to cover within a couple of hours. I then have to wait another month til the next one. Your magazine is too good. Keep it up.

I would also like to say my fellow forumers are brillinat too, so many nice, friendly, helpful and brilliant people. All you guys and gals are brilliant!!!!!!
    Atomic Apple Design

"It is a cliché that most clichés are true, but then like most clichés, that cliché is untrue."

Originally posted by Akela Ben View Post
    I found Grow Your Own about 3 months ago and it is a brilliant magazine, the only problem is I look forward to it coming out, I buy it and read it from cover to cover within a couple of hours. I then have to wait another month til the next one. Your magazine is too good. Keep it up.

I would also like to say my fellow forumers are brillinat too, so many nice, friendly, helpful and brilliant people. All you guys and gals are brilliant!!!!!!
    Right back atcha Ben!

Read the magazine backwards (I do it when proof reading, that way you read each word individually).

I also read magazines from the back to front - ie: the last article first. I hate being dictated which one to read first see.

Lastly, read it in a padded room. The nurses bring me mine when it is published and they remove the staples for me.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

also try holding it upside down, helps to slow down the reading
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Akela Ben View Post

Hooray for GYO and all our lovely forum members I really look forward to every visit I make to the 'Vine!

HW, it's time for your medication...
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

You're not shacking up with Zebedee are you Wayne????

Don't think I've said how-do to you yet Ben!

Hello and welcome to the Vine!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Yep I agree we are a lovely bunch aren't we?! Akela we will do our best!
            I will take on board those tips for making my GYO mag last longer thanks guys! x
            Last edited by lainey lou; 28-02-2008, 04:15 PM.
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Read any which way its a great read!

Something I remember from a long time back - and the peeps here have been very accommodating when asked! - the 'stupidest' question is the one you DON'T ask - told to me by a manager who REALLY knew how to (wo)man manage.

It's quite true - peeps here are only too willing to share with you their piece of knowlege!

And when you ask the question - you have no idea how many others you are also helping.

I think 'we' are a nice bunch - no bitching and back-biting like I've experienced on other sites - and yes - if I had one - I'd direct my most puritan of friends here safe in the knowlege they would not be abused/offended or stalked etc, etc and so on.

And as an added bonus - there's a huge sense of humour out there too!

Comment

Originally posted by quark1 View Post
                I think 'we' are a nice bunch - no bitching and back-biting like I've experienced on other sites - and yes - if I had one - I'd direct my most puritan of friends here safe in the knowlege they would not be abused/offended or stalked etc, etc and so on.

And as an added bonus - there's a huge sense of humour out there too!
                Pre-requisite for gardening isn't it - having a sense of humour?

Just to touch on your point about friends - LadyWayne and I were having a conversation a while ago about having lots of friends, close friends in particular. I know lots of people, but I don't "know" many poeple if you know what I mean?

Anyway, here comes the point. LadyWayne said (and this is not verbatim) "you've got all your friends on that forum" - how sad does that make me seem!? All my friends are virtual!

Love you all.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I'm not virtual Wayne...I just pinched myself and it really hurt....ergo ..I am REAL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                    how sad does that make me seem!? All my friends are virtual!

Love you all.
                    so meet up with some

It would be really difficult for all of us to meet up but, for me, I think if some meet up when they can it brings a richness to this virtual world.

That isn't to say that strong friendships can't be built online, I have made some really close pals on here and haven't (yet) met them.

I'm prattling on aren't I...... love you all (((group hug)))
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      I'm not virtual Wayne...I just pinched myself and it really hurt....ergo ..I am REAL!!!
                      Luckily you didn't misspell that and punch yourself!

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                      so meet up with some

It would be really difficult for all of us to meet up but, for me, I think if some meet up when they can it brings a richness to this virtual world.

That isn't to say that strong friendships can't be built online, I have made some really close pals on here and haven't (yet) met them.

I'm prattling on aren't I...... love you all (((group hug)))
                      I'm very shy in "real" life believe it or believe it not.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                        I'm very shy in "real" life believe it or believe it not.
                        I do believe it but have a hug anyway ((hug))
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

Aww shucks!

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Can the coupon be used more than once Wayne?

Comment

Have to agree that this is the best forum I've ever been a part of, and friendships are definitley made, we've been fortunate enough to meet up with 4 of the other grapes, and I know some of them are now ones we'd consider close friends! As with yourself HW, we know lots of people, lots of acquaintances (sp), but we've probably only got a handful of those we'd consider true close personal friends! (The sort of person you can go months without seeing, then fall straight back in with as tho you see them every day when you do get the chance to get together!)
                              Blessings
                              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X