Mouse Problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Problem

My son bought a new mouse for this computer on Wednesday, it's one of those light up ones (it doesn't have a ball thingy underneath) so I'm assuming it's done with lasers or infra-red or something. Whatever, the thing moves on its own and the little arrow is all over the screen without my touching it. Is this normal, is this a fault or is it a haunted mouse? I'm already slightly spooked as my wardrobe door flew open the other evening and I didn't learn that it was caused by an earthquake until the next morning. (and when the best hiding place is in the very thing which is acting weird it doesn't leave you with many options) Thing is, I'd rather be told that it's a fault and have to take it back, than risk having that Derek Whats-his-name bloke tramping through my house.

Is there anybody there? And can they please just tell me that all I've got is a rubbish accessory
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Our pc's mouse has a spooky red light coming from its underneath, but it behaves itself very well.

Did the mouse come with a drivers cd disc and were they loaded on your pc?
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Mine's got a red light and no rubber ball, but it's fine. Wouldn't know what to do if it went wrong - sorry, I can use computer programmes, but when it comes to sorting out accessories I am rubbish. My favourite motto is "Ask a child" whether it be programming the DVD, working out things on your mobile or computer, or opening child-proof caps (such as slug pellets, medicine etc)

Comment

Bluemoon
        I've got a mouse like this and I seem to remember that lack of practice when I first got it send the arrow shooting all over the screen.
        Did you load a programme for it and have you got a little receiver plugged into your computer?
        Sue

Comment

I assume that it's been loaded and installed properly as my daughter's techie boyfriend did it. I now have a theory that its too sensitive and the surface is too highly polished, allowing it to 'creep' a little. Whatever, I'm going to leave the exorcism until after someone with more idea about these things has had a look at it.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Optical mice then to do this. You can cure it by changing your mouse mat.

Optical mice were supposed to be able to be used on any surface but they are still better on a mat. The light is shined on the surface and the sensor picks up the change in the surfce when you move it. But sometines the scan and the cursor flickers left and right. I would stick it on a plane mat and chage the sensivity in Mouse in control Pannel....Unless you are using Vista then you need to make sure that the drivers are compatable or its nasty.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

See my thread IBM Memo!
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X