Scared

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared

So scary the wind & rain bashing against the windows & doors, all I can ear is the wind /rain howling and beating about my garden & windows, not sure if I will be waking up to a garden tomorrow morning.
    Loads of banging and wind sounds, so going to bed tuck my head under the quilt and blank it all out.
    just hope i can sleep, downed a bottle of wine to help
    Smile and the world smiles with you

Same here Gardenplot. My wheelie bin went crashing down the drive about half an hour ago, I nearly had an accident
    the lights keep flickering too, and we have a really dodgy sub-station - if it flickers off more than 5 times, it doesn't come back on, so I've got the candles handy & the fire lit, just in case!

Night night, hope you don't find any damage in the morning

Comment

All part of natures great plan, we may not understand or agree with it, but it's been around longer than we have
      I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

I can't remember a storm here quite this bad for some time. To make matters worse OH is on nights and son has decided to stay at a friends rather than risk the drive home - I'm pleased that he has, but still I'm not looking forward to spending the night alone. I opened the door to let our dog out for his final airing and he took one look outside and ran back to his bed. Sensible dog, I think I'll do the same.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Just got in from work...

It's blowing a gale out there

Geo..

Comment

Bit breezy here and, at last, it's gently raining, long overdue.
            TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Rain Tony?????? ...Don't get your hair wet will you??
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

How do you think I feeel?

KK

Comment

I was out at work in it. It was blowing a hooley in the quarry and it was quite worrysome walking along walkways 4o feet in the air and having to hold the handrail with one hand and a kitbag in the other.

The lotties will have to be looked over later as I am off to bed.

Comment

Our greenhouse survived unscathed. even though we only have bog-standard horticultural glass, but our fence is in next door's garden and our blue wheelie bin (used for paper/card recycling) has blown the full length of the garden and has left a soggy trail of its contents behind. If the sound of that storm was anything to go by then we have escaped lightly.
                    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Tis very windy here also, I'm off to lottie to see if the shed is still standing
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Hate windy weather! Hate the howling noises, but worse I was kept awake all night by a door or window banging in the wind, it was constant, worse than drip,drip water torture!
                        To see a world in a grain of sand
                        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I have trouble sleeping when it is windy so I have earplugs. Slept not too badly last night thanks to those and the pillow over my head

Hope nobody had serious damage.
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

Our garden is quite protected, so seems to have escaped unscathed. The allotment couldn't be more exposed if it tried - I dread to think what I'll find when I get up there later!!

Comment

its bad down here today but at least i dont have to go out in it having a easy day indoors

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X