keyboard replacement for laptop

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyboard replacement for laptop

has anyone had to replace keyboard for a laptop or notebook, mine's packing up big time, let alone able to type properly, getting worse and worse. this is all i can type now...... my machine 5 years old now, time for replacement?
    Food for Free

Originally posted by veg4681 View Post
    has anyone had to replace keyboard for a laptop or notebook, mine's packing up big time, let alone able to type properly, getting worse and worse. this is all i can type now...... my machine 5 years old now, time for replacement?
    You can alway plug a keyboard into one of the USB ports, Veg - not ideal, but it'll prolong the life of you (admittedly, aging) lappy.
    Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 01-03-2008, 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Have you tried turning it upside down and using a compressed air duster to blow all the cr@p from under the keys? this works in a lot of cases as dirt gets under the keys preventing them from being depressed properly.

replacing the keyboard would be expensive I'd think (as in cheaper to buy a new laptop)

Comment

My partner is an IT guy and he's replaced laptop keyboards before. They don't look easy to do - he generally has letters all over the place and has to remember where they all go.

He says it would mean dismantling the computer

Comment

Our son removed all the keys from his laptop to clean it.
          I don't know if you would be willing to try that but if you do take a photo of the key board first so you get the keys back in the right place?
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            You can alway plug a keyboard into one of the USB ports, Veg - not ideal, but it'll prolong the life of you (admittedly, aging) lappy.
            We did this but the existing keyboard was still in control. Does anybody know how to disable the existing keyboard of a laptop? Or is there a replacement keyboard specifically for laptop? Funnily it's behaving perfectly fine now, it's an ongoing on-off problem.
            Last edited by veg4681; 01-03-2008, 10:58 PM.
            Food for Free

Comment

Yep they are all replacable. And the new ones are available as spares from the manufacturers.

You would be better using a PS2 keyboard not a USB, if the unit KB is still in charge you have a key stuck down.

disable the KB in the BIOS.

What make of Laptop do you have?
              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X