shirlthegirl is offline...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shirlthegirl is offline...

Hello fellow Grapes... A bit of bad news here - poor ole Shirlthegirl is off line for a while.

Due to an administrative error on BT's part, they have decided to act on their own volition to cut us off. Not just suspend the line, but to physically disconnect it!!! And they say they cannot reconnect till the end of the week - and we have to pay GBP35 for the 'privilege' of their cock up too!

So poor Shirls is feeling very very lonely and, well... crap really. All she has is a prepay mobile phone. All this since the bad storms over the week end (which damaged our shed roof as well ) and I have also returned to Holland for 13 days... So if any of you lovely grapes want to call her to cheer her up, please PM me, sms me on 079** ****** or email me on ******* and I will give you her mobile number.

I know she would appreciate it, as would I. Thanks!

Edit (Shortie) - sorry Madmax, took your details out as I was worried about email spammers and having your mobile on the net... Grapes - can you please pm Madmax for his details instead?
    Last edited by Shortie; 11-03-2008, 10:18 PM.
    Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
    Cut your engines, cool your wings,
    You've taken me home...

What a pain Emailed you.
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Comment

It seems they have buggered us m'dear!! Right up the jacksie.

You've taken me home...

Comment

Sorry to hear that BT are as utter cr@p as normal. Tell shirley she must lavish her Grapevine time on her 'babies' - the seedlings and the citrusii (is that plural of citrus?!).
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
          It seems they have buggered us m'dear!! Right up the jacksie.
          That will make your eye's water

Geo..

Comment

They don't like it up em Cpt Mainwaring
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Don't panic, don't panic... We will get this sorted out. After many conversations with our colonial friends in a 'helpdesk' and much valium... Dad's Army is reliable compared to the shower called BT. So... to you BT!

Thanks to all those who took their time to contact Shirley. You know who you are. And we will find you....

You've taken me home...

Comment

"We're all doomed"......it's the only Scottish Dad's Army reference i could come up with.....sorry!!!!!!!!!!!
                Detroitsburg - Where cool cars come

Comment

see Wellie stamp feet in big puddle because she now can't think of ANYTHING remotely Dad's Army to join in..... Hurumph! I wanted to do that Pike one Piskie.....!!
                  Mmm. Great minds think alike sweetheart, and yes, fools do never differ.
                  X

Comment

Sorry to hear dbout the disconnection. Thought that it was only France telecom that were that bad!
                    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

.... and there was I thinking the wind would have been the problem. OK, so I know I left myself wide open for JA jokes but I couldn't think of a better way to say it

Seriously though, poor Shirley and boys. We are thinking of you and hope it gets resolved very soon, we miss you
                      Last edited by scarey55; 12-03-2008, 08:40 AM. Reason: Third edit, never was much good at grammer!
                      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Give her our love - and tell her NOT to get too far ahead of us with the seed sowing seeing as we're wasting time chatting here and she can use hers fruitfully, so to speak.
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                          Give her our love - and tell her NOT to get too far ahead of us with the seed sowing seeing as we're wasting time chatting here and she can use hers fruitfully, so to speak.
                          Willdo thanks Flum. The garden is a morass at the moment. A big primordial swamp - so no digging there. Maybe she will plant more seeds in the buckets and leave them in the sitting room as the patio is awash, the kitchen is full and the dining room is full of my juke junk!

Hmmm, come to think of it there is a big laundry pile that can now be cleared up too....

BTW - if we remember all these Dad's Army and Pike quotes... does that make us Pikeys?

You've taken me home...

Comment

MM, I hope Shirl is ok and manages to get some quality time with the boys etc in the meantime. And that she can manage without Flossie as well (she is still on the blink, isn't she?!). Give her my hello's.
                            Wings

Comment

Originally posted by Winged one View Post
                              MM, I hope Shirl is ok and manages to get some quality time with the boys etc in the meantime. And that she can manage without Flossie as well (she is still on the blink, isn't she?!). Give her my hello's.
                              Wings
                              Hi Wings - willdo thanks! Her car is fixed now...£150 labour and £150 parts!! So she can get out and about again.

It is horrid being stuck with no transport, communications and being skint! All resolved soon I hope.

You've taken me home...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X