He's at it again

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's at it again

Just when I thought Gardeners World had got it's act together it all falls apart. Just checked next Friday nights programme and the first thing it said was "Monty Don moves and divides the mature plants in the long borders" O please not again, we have had this for two years now. Even people on the BBC's own GW message boards have been telling them that "they are sick of watching them digging out plants cutting them up and bunging them back in the ground again" for the last couple of years and they keep saying that they are listening to what people are saying. Obviously not, O well one good GW programme last Friday night, I suppose we should feel grateful for small mercy's.
    Regards
    Lady Jana Muck

Maybe there will be some new viewers didn't see it last year

KK

Comment

Not the long ruddy borders........again.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
        I didn't see it last year

KK

Comment

Will you be seeing it this year then?

Comment

I've given up watching GW altogether now, very little of it seems relevant to my sort of gardening
            I'd like to see a new series of The Big Dig, or The Allotment, but the production companies involved "have no plans to make a new series" - I did ask!

Comment

It's a great time of year to give up your telly ; )
              http://www.greenlung.blogspot.com
              http://www.myspace.com/rolandfrompoland

Comment

Originally posted by greenlung View Post
                Formula One season starts today, there's not a hope in hell that I could get the TV out the door with OH havin an apoplexy

Comment

Originally posted by greenlung View Post

Never had one to give up! Can't get a signal in my cave. I've just been on another forum and people are reminiscing about the old radio shows in the 40's and 50's. Ah! Them was the daze (I'm only sitting here 'cos it's raining outside so I've abandoned the garden for the time being, honest)
                  I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                    Yes the long ruddy borders again (very big sigh)
                    Why cant they just dig the whole lot over and grow veggies, herbs, fruit or a cottage garden or a parterre garden the possibilities are endless also they could do a lot more work in the greenhouse now that would be nice. There are so many things they could do if they just seen past the ruddy long borders.
                    The powers that be could also bring back some of the real good old ones like "A victorian kitchen garden" and "All muck and magic" real classics's
                    Regards
                    Lady Jana Muck

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Jana Muck View Post
                      Yes the long ruddy borders again (very big sigh)
                      Why cant they just dig the whole lot over and grow veggies, herbs, fruit or a cottage garden or a parterre garden the possibilities are endless also they could do a lot more work in the greenhouse now that would be nice. There are so many things they could do if they just seen past the ruddy long borders.
                      The powers that be could also bring back some of the real good old ones like "A victorian kitchen garden" and "All muck and magic" real classics's
                      What about a "Dig for victory" reality show where contestants have to grow their own and live off rations?

I must admit the only gardener of GW that I like is Joe Swift...

Comment

As one who has not been gardening for very long, I appreciate all the help I can get. For me, GW is still very watchable, but I can see that after a couple of years (once I'm a little more "knowledgeable") it may becoem a little tiresome. That said, I reckon after a couple of years I'll not have much time for telly anyway...
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by mapcr77 View Post
                          What about a "Dig for victory" reality show where contestants have to grow their own and live off rations?

I must admit the only gardener of GW that I like is Joe Swift...
                          Joe Swift is a really nice guy and I think that comes across on TV. I like Carol Klein too. Love this idea for a TV show.

The long borders are Monty Don's favourite part of the garden - and he gets to choose where they film and what they do. I guess it is useful for beginners, but you'd think they could put a fresh spin on it.
                          Resistance is fertile

Comment

As a beginer I don't actually find it informative at all, watchable, but not informative. And the same goes for the mag, for which I have a subscription (if I'm allowed to say that here, but no worries, it was free, unlike GYO which I happily pay for). Anyway, both the programme and mostly the magazine are more like a cataloge, images of pretty flowers and plants (with names that are so hard to remember!), but hardly ever the nitty gritty of gardening. I loved Joe Swift's special on garden grabbing, it was informative and relevant, but frankly Carol Klein walking around her garden saying how beautiful it is doesn't really teach me anything about gardening. I learn more from fellow grapes here and GYO.

Comment

Gardeners World.

You wait till they re-vamp the courtyard garden ...Again...!!

I've met carol she's really nice, and quite small.
                              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X