medical problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical problem

Has anyone suffered with a frozen shoulder ? I am and have been offered to have it manipulated under general anesthetic any views appreciated.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

There is a new non surgical treatment where saline is injected into the joint and it "pops" the adhesion off the joint. I t apparently has a better success rate than manipulation under GA and the results are instantaneous.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
      There is a new non surgical treatment where saline is injected into the joint and it "pops" the adhesion off the joint. I t apparently has a better success rate than manipulation under GA and the results are instantaneous.
      In my previous medical life we used to perform steroid injections into joint spaces. Not the most painless procedure (I am to subject to this in July on my left knee), but far, far safer than a GA and as you say PW - it's effect is immediate.

Also be aware that there have been cases of female patients having had 'other exams' by med students whilst under a GA. This is very, very rare but I have noted it many years ago.
      Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
      Cut your engines, cool your wings,
      You've taken me home...

Comment

This has now stopped.
        There was a big case about 10 years ago.
        They stopped the gas a bit too early and she came round on the table to find a long queue of students with splicums in had.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I have worked in theatres as a student nurse and a nurse and never ever witnessed anything like that. don't scare the poor woman!

Comment

I have a frozen shoulder and have had 2 lots of the steroid injections and also acupuncture and heat therapy etc have had this problem for 3 years now and have resorted to using a tens machine on a regular basis. My advice would be let nature take its course, yes mine is improving and they say it will rectify itself within a 5 year period. Good luck to you i can sympathise

Comment

Originally posted by willowstar View Post
              I have worked in theatres as a student nurse and a nurse and never ever witnessed anything like that. don't scare the poor woman!
              Didn't mean to - but I am sure Jackie J will come to her own conclusions! As I said this was some 16 years ago and things have changed somewhat. I would still never let Shirley have a GA due to this, unless it was a life threatening issue.
              Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
              Cut your engines, cool your wings,
              You've taken me home...

Comment

Originally posted by willowstar View Post
                I agree, All our surgeons and theatre staff are very professional and would never let anything like this happen without the patients consent.
                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments . I went to talk to person who will do the manipulation under GA am now on waiting list. not to have anymore physio until after. Work badgering me to return but have been told not to do anything that will aggravate my shoulder. So got eldest son to dig lottie yesterday.
                  Regards to you all
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

I am having a steroid injection in my shoulder later this month, I was on a course of tablets but they have stopped working so it down the old injection route for me.

Cheers chris

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X