No announcement yet.

Buying land

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mate its easy i bought a very small piece in front of mine of the council(£5) it cost £200 pound in fees and they did all the work but it is on seperate deeds so if i sell up there will be two sets of deeds to deal with

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
      We had a tenant who decided that he was going to sell his (our) garden to the neighbour....
      It's amazing how daft some people can be, isn't it?! Fancy offering to 'cut you in'.

I've been watching out for our neighbour, but I think she's away at the moment. Need to catch her in a good mood...
      Resistance is fertile

Comment

Bunch of flowers?
        Show her you can garden!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I was thinking a box of eggs....

If we buy the land we'll plant fruit trees and let the chooks free-range underneath. Should solve the problem of the yappy little terrier that runs through the Priory railings and terrifies our girls. The land is on the sheltered side of the house, so you'd never know the chooks were there...
          Resistance is fertile

Comment

I think the rental idea is a winner Paul, Easy to draw up a tenacy, and you could indeed pay her a tythe of 10% of your produce or something as a sweetener to keep a low rent... less money to lawyers! You would then only really need to think about purchasing the land if she wanted to move.

Before I had an allotment I used to use the old couple next doors veg patch. He was over 90 by then-He used to laugh at my scratchings regularly!- but he taught me a lot, loads of old techniques- right down to how to dig without hurting your back. Sadly they had no children and some vulture relatives started hovering (one was a property developer) When his wife became ill (my wife cared for her for a while) they shuffled them off to a nursing home where they soon died. Eventually sold to another developer with planning...There is a big extension over the land now built by the cowboys from hell at 925k...its still empty after five years!!..very sad

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X